Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New vagus nerve stimulator to hit the market. It's set to music through headphones.
New vagus nerve stimulator to hit the market. It's set to music through headphones.
This looks interesting. New form of mood (hehe) music. From what I gather it's electric transdermal/cutaneous vagus auricular nerve stimulation that is suppose to increase neurotransmitter release. Electric vagus nerve stimulation has been used for people with depression refractory to other treatment. Needs no medical approval because it is not being marketed as a medical device. Will be interesting to read the reviews, placebo effect or not.

http://experiencenervana.com/technology-...imulation/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: New vagus nerve stimulator to hit the market. It's set to music through headphones.
I can't for the life of me understand what this thing does.
RE: New vagus nerve stimulator to hit the market. It's set to music through headphones.
I suspect that I also trigger neurotransmitter release by listening to music the old fashioned way...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I have a relative with a TENS device, I assume this is similar. TENS provides help for pain while it's on, and no side effects like you get with drugs.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 18, 2016 at 7:50 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I have a relative with a TENS device, I assume this is similar.  TENS provides help for pain while it's on, and no side effects like you get with drugs.

Similar but different. TENS units nerve conduction signal overrides the pain conduction nerve signal. Basically it shouts louder.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Measles cases hit record high in Europe zebo-the-fat 13 1426 September 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Music Haydn2 22 3258 August 18, 2017 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Holy Shit -- another CO2 record about to be set! Jehanne 10 1381 February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Calculus, Logic, Music and the Human Brain Statler Waldorf 132 61418 October 27, 2011 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  Check this out for a Set. ib.me.ub 0 847 April 15, 2011 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: ib.me.ub