Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today...
So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today...
Because I was curious to see what I would find. Random I know. I ended up in Surah Al Hajj (number 22), and a couple of Iyah caught my eye.

Quran 22:65 "Seest thou not that Allah has made subject to you (men) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His Command? He withholds the sky (rain) from failing on the earth except by His leave: for Allah is Most Kind and Most Merciful to man."

And Quran 22:66 "It is He Who gave you life, will cause you to die, and will again give you life: Truly man is a most ungrateful creature!"

In the part from Quran 22:65 where it says: "He withholds the sky (rain) from failing on the earth except by His leave"

Does that mean Allah can chose not to flood Bangladesh and India during this years monsoon season and thus save thousands of lives? Could Allah please withhold the rain. The Ummah in Bengal suffer greatly each year. Are Duas not enough to change the mind of Allah?

Why does Allah cause these pious people to die? Are the people of Bengal not pious enough? Why does it have to be like Noah's Flood every year for these people?

It's amazing what one can find in the Quran. People are dying as a direct result of the actions of Allah. So much for free will.

RE: So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today...
That's just a spot that needs to be flooded every year. If people have a problem with it, maybe don't live there.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I also opened up my Q'ran at random (I have the Penguin translation) and read the following: 'Please note: What follows is a work of fiction and is intended for entertainment purposes ONLY. The characters and events portrayed are products of the author's imagination.'

I was stunned, so I closed the book and opened it to another random page where I read: 'DEDICATION: To my darling Candy. I'll never forget that night in Dungannon. Kissy kissy.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 23, 2016 at 3:40 pm)Chad32 Wrote: That's just a spot that needs to be flooded every year. If people have a problem with it, maybe don't live there.

But so many Atheist bloggers have been killed in Bangladesh recently by slaves if Allah. And who can forget the genocide of the Bengali Hindus by Pakistan. Doesn't Allah reward people for weakening the Kuffar? There's probably an Iyah for that somewhere.

I'm sure you can find some verses encouraging followers to kill people who are not followers.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

If you stop owning, opening and reading the Quran maybe others will also. STOP IT!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 23, 2016 at 2:52 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Because I was curious to see what I would find. Random I know. I ended up in Surah Al Hajj (number 22), and a couple of Iyah caught my eye.

Quran 22:65 "Seest thou not that Allah has made subject to you (men) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His Command? He withholds the sky (rain) from failing on the earth except by His leave: for Allah is Most Kind and Most Merciful to man."

And Quran 22:66 "It is He Who gave you life, will cause you to die, and will again give you life: Truly man is a most ungrateful creature!"

In the part from Quran 22:65 where it says: "He withholds the sky (rain) from failing on the earth except by His leave"

Does that mean Allah can chose not to flood Bangladesh and India during this years monsoon season and thus save thousands of lives? Could Allah please withhold the rain. The Ummah in Bengal suffer greatly each year. Are Duas not enough to change the mind of Allah?

Why does Allah cause these pious people to die? Are the people of Bengal not pious enough? Why does it have to be like Noah's Flood every year for these people?

It's amazing what one can find in the Quran. People are dying as a direct result of the actions of Allah. So much for free will.
Didn't an English guy format the Koran into numbered verses?
(February 23, 2016 at 5:55 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: If you stop owning, opening and reading the Quran maybe others will also. STOP IT!

I hardly think that'll happen. In fact, according to a lot of Muslims, if you're reading a translation of the Q'ran, you aren't really reading the Q'ran - it can only be properly read in Arabic. Since I have neither the time nor the inclination to learn Arabic (although I own a beautiful copy written in that language - gift from a friend), I'll have to muddle through with my English translation, which I doubt very much is going to stop Ahmed in Yemen from reading his.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 23, 2016 at 6:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 23, 2016 at 5:55 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: If you stop owning, opening and reading the Quran maybe others will also. STOP IT!

I hardly think that'll happen.  In fact, according to a lot of Muslims, if you're reading a translation of the Q'ran, you aren't really reading the Q'ran - it can only be properly read in Arabic.  Since I have neither the time nor the inclination to learn Arabic (although I own a beautiful copy written in that language - gift from a friend), I'll have to muddle through with my English translation, which I doubt very much is going to stop Ahmed in Yemen from reading his.

Boru

Gotta start somewhere.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 23, 2016 at 6:14 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Didn't an English guy format the Koran into numbered verses?

I have no idea. What I do know is that the text of the Quran was only standardized in Cairo in Egypt in 1936. Abdullah Yusu Ali handily divides the Surahs into sub-sections which is nice, but I have no evidence to suggest that it was him. Somebody would have had to keep a record of Quran 'verses' early on since Muhammad was randomly spewing them over the course of twenty-three years. Interesting to note is that the Quran is not in chronological order like the Bible.

In the Hadith there is a story about a certain scribe colluding with Muhammad in order to make the revelation better. The implication being, that the words of Abdullah Ibn Sad Ibn Abi Sarh, along with those of Muhammad, are found in the Quran. Even if we ignore the Hadith completely, it's not unreasonable to assume that Muhammad did have a scribe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 44 1766 2 hours ago
Last Post: Leonardo17
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8310 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20487 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1237 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  If Mo was alive today... Fake Messiah 8 661 July 21, 2022 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4264 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2858 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48690 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11851 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 858 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker