Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinions On The Hindu Milk Miracle.
Your Opinions On The Hindu Milk Miracle.
The Hindu milk miracle was a phenomenon, considered by many Hindus as a miracle, which occurred on September 21, 1995. Before dawn, a Hindu worshiper at a temple in south New Delhi made an offering of milk to a statue of Ganesha. When a spoonful of milk from the bowl was held up to the trunk of the statue, the liquid was seen to disappear, apparently taken in by the idol. Word of the event spread quickly, and by mid-morning it was found that statues of the entire Hindu pantheon in temples all over North India were taking in milk.

I wondered what your views are on this phenomenon.
RE: Your Opinions On The Hindu Milk Miracle.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
This is one of those stories that, in today's age, would have been debunked a thousand times over on YouTube.

Come on now, we can all claim anything we want, that doesn't make it true.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Sweet - the usual you-can't-debunk-it-because-many-people-said-so event.

Further proof delusion is contagious?
Some have suggested that the statues were made of a porous material which abosrbed the milk. Otherwise, it could be a complete fabrication. Even if it did happen, it's pretty paltry evidence for the existence of any deity. In the old days, God parted seas and raised the dead; now he's reduced to making his face/his son's face appear on pieces of toast, and to making elephant statues drink small quantities of milk. Praise the Lord!
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
(July 17, 2010 at 9:57 am)The Omnissiunt One Wrote: now he's reduced to making his face/his son's face appear on pieces of toast,

Don't forget also on the asses of dogs.
[Image: dog-ass-jesus.jpg]

Not the light I'd like to step into...
Odd, I don't recall hearing that story back in '95, and it would've made the news.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb [Serious] Opinions on paganism? Methamphetamine 73 4060 November 9, 2023 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hindu vs Christain Goosebump 23 2161 April 2, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hindu hell purplepurpose 47 6062 January 31, 2019 at 8:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Scientific explanations of hindu traditions Aoi Magi 10 3611 September 10, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  On Twitter, Hindu trying to use science. Brian37 30 5812 March 3, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Hitler's Priestess: Savitri Devi, the Hindu-Aryan Myth, and Neo-Nazism theyear12013 2 3322 December 30, 2013 at 7:58 am
Last Post: theyear12013
  The "miracle" of Hanukkah Thor 30 13462 December 5, 2010 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  £16m Hindu temple opens in Wembley Welsh cake 17 11240 June 4, 2010 at 8:53 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Atheism: A cultural Hindu's POV InfidelRudy 6 4619 September 20, 2009 at 10:04 am
Last Post: InfidelRudy