Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Argity Arggg Arggg type of day.
An Argity Arggg Arggg type of day.
Ok, took my mom out to shop, that part was fine, went here then went there, had fun, then we stop at our last stop, Lowes Foods. She wanted to see if they had a new type of peanut butter chocolate type candy and I wanted some things too. So it starts to rain while we are in there, we pay and notice as we are coming out the door.

So she is in her electric chair and we didn't have the umbrella, so I tell her to wait and I pull up to the front instead of her getting wet crossing the parking lot. I pull up, and as I open the side door, I notice something grey in the rear tire tread. Most of the time it is just a rock stuck in the tread. NOPE, it was a screw, on top of the tire being low. And all I could think was "How long had I been driving on this"? 

Well, that put me into slight panic mode. I wanted to get her home quickly, less than 2  miles away. But, in my rush I FORGOT THE STUFF WE BOUGHT in the cart! But, I did get her home. Came back to the store, it was still in  the cart waiting where I had left it. Ok, now to focus on the tire. Gonna call NAPA on my cell, NOPE! Battery was dead! Plus I had the food I couldn't let stay in the van. So I had to go out of my way to get home, not that far, but still, finally got to NAPA, wasn't sure how long it would take because they were booked and had to work me in.

Didn't take long turns out, but they had offered me originally a 4pm apt at the time I walked in at 12:30pm. I was willing to wait because I didn't want to drive on that tire. But, only took an hour. It was important because I needed to go to traffic court tomorrow, couldn't drive that far 20 miles on a flat tire  in any case. If I had gotten a flat and missed my case, oh boy, even more trouble. 

So I get home, tire fixed, and everything is fine, the BOOM, power goes out, but comes right back on. EVERYTHING except my internet. Stayed out for 30 minutes. I can live without a lot of things, just not my internet. Turned out the power went out all over, not just me.

Well no, my house did not burn down and nobody died, but ARRRGGGGGGG!
RE: An Argity Arggg Arggg type of day.
I hear you brother!

There's a lot to be said for those in 3rd world countries though.
They've got absolutely nothing to complain about! Lucky sods!

Hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Ooooooh snap! Your day sucked! My day sucked, too. I feel your pain. Like a series of unfortunate events. 
Did you punch or kick something? I always hit the steering wheel very hard and say, "Hijo de su madre!" Which means son of a mother! Which means son of a bitch. You can borrow it. Smile
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I yell out: Jamaican Farthing! (When mother in law is in the car)
Sounds dirty but it's not and it relieves tension the same.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I know just what you mean. Tomorrow I'm going to walk under a ladder, kick a black cat and shout "ok you bastard, what else you got?"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Dying to live, living to die.
(February 23, 2016 at 7:39 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I hear you brother!

There's a lot to be said for those in 3rd world countries though.
They've got absolutely nothing to complain about! Lucky sods!

Hehe

Oh yea, that certainly wasn't doomsday bitching, but more like "BUN OF A SITCH!" Type of thing you can laugh at after, but a pain in the ass when it happens.

Lots of people have it worse than me so.
AWESOME SAUCE! Went to court today, case dismissed! Didn't even see the judge. Things have changed since I last went to a traffic court. We had two lines one half of the alphabet wrapping around the edge of one side of the court, then the other half wrapping around the other wall on the other side of the court room.

As you got to the respective benches, a secretary asked your name, then they pass you off to a DA who asked you how you wanted to plea. I'm no lawyer, but I thought I'd ask them if I could have it dismissed, what is the worst they could say is no. Glad I didn't plea "not guilty", probably would have been stuck. But it makes sense now because the cop who ran the scene told me since it was my first offense, and nobody got hurt, and nobody was in the vehicle I hit and only  had minor scratches on the bumper, and my insurance payed for it, no harm no foul, walked out no fine, no points on my licence. Cop simply told me to bring a letter of proof of insurance......  YIPPY!
I was teasing my mom yesterday about going. I said when I get in front of the judge I'm going to say "WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR, HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW".

Laws have changed, but this makes sense, why make everyone see the judge and sit there for something that can be resolved quickly. Unless you are a repeat offender why not just get in and out save the system money.
I had hit a rear bumper of a car so fast with my bike that it got squished like a tomato and it actually fell out. I somehow talked my ass out of it. I wish i knew what points on my license meant...only if i had a license...xD
First world law systems are ......cute though... Tongue
Props to you for getting out of it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3143 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1502 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Describe your body type and the ideal body you would like. The Valkyrie 34 4426 May 4, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Lego-Type House Building BrianSoddingBoru4 4 537 May 1, 2018 at 8:56 am
Last Post: johan
  What's your blood type? brewer 29 2166 March 11, 2018 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: c172
  Chocolate what's your favorite brand or type? Amarok 50 3278 February 27, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Type with your eyes closed Edwardo Piet 37 3554 January 11, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  What type of drunk are you? ErGingerbreadMandude 31 4077 January 9, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Type your favorite english word ErGingerbreadMandude 52 4930 December 17, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Are you a worrier or a don't give a fuck type person. paulpablo 23 5209 February 22, 2017 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus