Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton or Sanders
Clinton or Sanders
The Texas primaries are on Tuesday and so far my only criteria for choosing between these two is eemee meenee miney mo. Anybody here have something to say for or against them that I may have missed?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Clinton or Sanders
They are both flawed candidates.  They are simply less flawed than any of the republicunt pieces of shit they will face.
I think Sanders is stronger on domestic issues, and Clinton is stronger on foreign policy issues.

Sanders.

Vote for him and you'll get fried chicken.

What??
Dying to live, living to die.
Yes - that is I'll vote for whoever wins the nomination. Don't think I have anything to help you out though which you wouldn't have heard before. I'd love to see how well a Sanders presidency would go. But if Clinton wins the primary I will not have to hold my nose to vote for her. I'll do it with a big smile on my face .. just not quite as big as the one I'd be wearing while voting for the Bern.
(February 24, 2016 at 6:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Sanders.

Vote for him and you'll get fried chicken.

What??

I will hold you to that.
Sanders is anti establishment. Clinton IS the establishment. 'nuff said, as far as I'm concerned.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 24, 2016 at 6:23 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Sanders is anti establishment. Clinton IS the establishment. 'nuff said, as far as I'm concerned.

Still leaves me wondering, are you hoping he'll figure out a way to accomplish his fine ambitions through the establishment or were you hoping he'd appoint himself emperor and just decree his whole agenda.  If you see the establishment as something that must be negotiated with skill, you could reasonably prefer Hillary.  But whatever.  I hope the Bern wins too but I'm not expecting any magic if he does.  Hopefully he won't be woefully ineffective.
If he can get the democratic party to really fight against the republicans, instead of bending so much, I'm sure he can get things done. The right wing has spent so much time dragging the left wing to the right, and that needs to stop. I trust Bernie to try harder than Hillary to change the system, and clean things up.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I could see Sanders getting some of his high cost programs through the congress, but there is ZERO chance congress will do ANYTHING to pay for them.

I am so disgusted with Hillary for the boneheaded crap she seems compelled to do (apparently she loves collaborating with that vast right wing conspiracy), with all her incredible talent, why the fuck cut corners and slouch through the Sec of State post ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 363 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1309 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" plan is really expensive over a 10-year period.... Aegon 40 4594 September 22, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Do you feel different about Bill Clinton's sexual past? CapnAwesome 89 12106 November 23, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Bernie Sanders vs. Karl Marx Mechaghostman2 4 1957 September 1, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Bernie Sanders stands up to religious bigot. Mechaghostman2 4 983 June 12, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Trump could be booted, installing Clinton as president Foxaèr 18 4622 June 9, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bernie Sanders on Worker Co-Ops Mechaghostman2 13 1488 April 12, 2017 at 4:34 am
Last Post: GUBU
  New Clinton email controversy A Theist 394 56543 November 9, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  The positive case for voting Hillary Clinton for president. Whateverist 113 13861 November 7, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet