Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google PlaNET
Google PlaNET
Read this today. So from all the photos we all take with our phones with geotags have been cataloged, and now google AI is starting to scan the images to recognize the location on earth. As the AI grows, it's now starting to recognize landscape and figure out where a picture has been taken based on the landscape without the geotag, based on what is already in the database. Amazing and scary at the same time. What do you all think? In the end, you could take a picture of your street with geotagging turned off and google would still know where that photo was taken based on the photo itself.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/25/111125...ion-planet

Just imagine when they install the tech into a T1000:

This is the newly released to the public Atlas bi-pedal robot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
RE: Google PlaNET
If you don't want Google analyzing your shit, don't upload your shit to Google.

(or Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, ad nauseum)
(February 26, 2016 at 12:29 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: If you don't want Google analyzing your shit, don't upload your shit to Google.

(or Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, ad nauseum)

Well easier said than done. For the longest time I didn't buy a smart phone, and then I did, and then I eventually allowed more information for the convenience. Basically I gave up on trying to warn the borg. People don't realize that google is an inqtel front company of the CIA at the beginning to collect data, and today, is fed through the AI. No one cares any more, that's the shame. It's all about convenience. And since they have facial recognition software everywhere get used to it. They even have things called stingrays a decade ago that could just tap into people's phones at will of the "authorities". Forget the 4th amendment. 

If you really want to see the current state of surveillance at least what the government has approved of showing, check this out. Clearly they have more, but this is still crazy:

This is a 1.8 billion mega pixel video HD camera on a UAV that stores a million terabytes of data per day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxNyaXfJsA
It's scary and I don't know why people tolerate massive corporations and governments violating our privacy. Violent revolution is the only way to fix this.
(February 26, 2016 at 12:50 am)Bella Morte Wrote: It's scary and I don't know why people tolerate massive corporations and governments violating our privacy. Violent revolution is the only way to fix this.

No one cares anymore unfortunately or if they do, they are too afraid to be labeled conspiracy theorists. Well to be honest a lot of people care, but since they are labeled conspiracy theorist, no one pays any attention. You must be one of the ones that are awake to the zombies around you. How many of you put tape over your cameras in your laptops? Don't you realize hackers can get into that? Don't you realize there are back door built in to watch you?
I don't care. I enjoy all the benefits that having a smartphone and being connected bring me.

I'm just not worried that Google, or the Government knows where I am. I'm not doing anything illegal. Also, I go to work, school, and home. My patterns are so predictable that if any government agency wanted to track me, they wouldn't need the help of Google or the CIA. They could just watch me for a week and they'd know my whereabouts predictably about 95% of the time.

My point is that if I were a POI in any kind of investigation, my smartphone would be the least of my worries.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
They can listen in through all sorts of microphones and cameras built into new smart devices. They could listen in through the microphones in your cell phone even when its sitting next to you. I remember when it was exposed they were putting microphones in cable tv boxes many years ago, way before smart phones existed of even cell phones were eveywhere.

Even the CIA chief said they could start listening in using your dishwasher as the internet of things gains a foot hold.

CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher
http://www.wired.com/2012/03/petraeus-tv-remote/
I don't need you to tell me that Big Brother has become a reality. But I consider Edward Snowden more of an authority on that matter.

And what you fail to understand is that google, facebook, twitter and all the others, are giant marketing profile generators. That's their main purpose, not some government conspiracy. Sure, they're working with the US services, since they want to continue making a dime, but their main purpose is to make money by exploiting the stupidity of people uploading their whole lives to the internet.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(February 26, 2016 at 9:38 pm)abaris Wrote: I don't need you to tell me that Big Brother has become a reality. But I consider Edward Snowden more of an authority on that matter.

And what you fail to understand is that google, facebook, twitter and all the others, are giant marketing profile generators. That's their main purpose, not some government conspiracy. Sure, they're working with the US services, since they want to continue making a dime, but their main purpose is to make money by exploiting the stupidity of people uploading their whole lives to the internet.

Sure I agree big brother should be well known by now. Thing is for a while even though it existed even a decade ago it was just a conspiracy theory. Now people acknowledge it, and say they don't care, when before they said it was a lie. Never will people want to say a conspiracy is real, even though it's happening all around them. Yes, tech companies are data mining people to direct relevant advertising to, but that's not all they are doing. They are creating profiles, and on top of that, the intelligence agencies have access to the data as well, to an extent, and even that is growing. You are severly underestimating how useful your information is, and like most people, just don't care.

Advertising firms used to pay big money to get information on people, now people just give it up for free. Back when loyalty cards started, it was just a way to track customer buying habits, and they gave you a discount to enroll because it was cheaper than data mining. We could be charging them for our information and interests, but no one cares any more. Isn't that a bit strange that people used to care about privacy, and now things have changed and they welcome it. What happened?

For me who has researched it for 15 years and was called a paranoid person that the government would want your information, to now everyone accepting that happens without a care in the world is very strange to me. The real question is why does everyone love big brother, or do they realise they can't fight it so they have given up, and are now just enjoying the convenience of free apps that spy on you?
(February 26, 2016 at 10:19 pm)scoobysnack Wrote: For me who has researched it for 15 years and was called a paranoid person that the government would want your information, to now everyone accepting that happens without a care in the world is very strange to me.

So what? They always used the tools available to them. What you fail to notice is the industry doing most of the spying right now. But the worst that can come of it is you being bombarded with ads. So, yes, I consider you paranoid, since the government isn't interested in us little shits.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Google artificial intelligence razzes us! Eclectic 11 1683 November 5, 2022 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Eclectic
  Google Argentina's domain name bought by man for £2 zebo-the-fat 2 384 April 27, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Is Firefox quantum really better than Google Chrome? ErGingerbreadMandude 19 3127 November 19, 2017 at 2:31 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Publishing to Google Play bennyboy 8 1610 May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How to master Google Search Heat 12 2405 February 6, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  FIANLLY rid of google's damn shopping tab!! Aractus 17 4155 December 5, 2015 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Google's Mobile-Friendly Test Driving Me Batty: What am I Doing Wrong? Rhondazvous 10 2816 August 14, 2015 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  My android app on google play ! Back up your contacts to Email WinterHold 6 2119 January 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Google Project Glass Paul the Human 11 3310 April 7, 2012 at 9:43 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  Today is Google change day Oldandeasilyconfused 26 7489 March 2, 2012 at 4:32 am
Last Post: frankiej