Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fundies are Whining Again
The Fundies are Whining Again
Good article by AU about a Texas-based funditard group called "First Liberty" (used to be called the "Liberty Institute").  These whiny douche-nozzles (Robvalue's phrase, I stole it - thanks Rob!) have published an article that all of their uneducated readership will adore, it's titled: "Undeniable Falsehoods: Religious Right Group Releases New Report On The ‘Persecution’ of American Christians".  (AU review Feb 26, 2016 by Sarah Jones)
https://au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/...ort-on-the

Atheists are named as the primary villains.  "In First Liberty’s world, atheists apparently do not merit First Amendment protections, and the First Amendment itself does not guarantee religious neutrality by government actors but is instead a license for fundamentalist Christians to proselytize at will."  

This is an example of what fundie propaganda spin-doctors are trying to do in America.  The scary thing is, a pretty large group of Americans will believe whatever groups like this put out.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: The Fundies are Whining Again
Had they ever stopped?
Thanks Dr. F.

Don't want to step on your toes but think it's interesting to look at the First Liberty material.

Their survey of hostility (376 pages): https://firstliberty.org/wp-content/uplo...niable.pdf

Their web site: https://firstliberty.org/

I haven't made it through all the info yet but it's turning out to be quite the read.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 26, 2016 at 3:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Thanks Dr. F.

Don't want to step on your toes but think it's interesting to look at the First Liberty material.

Their survey of hostility (376 pages): https://firstliberty.org/wp-content/uplo...niable.pdf

Their web site: https://firstliberty.org/

I haven't made it through all the info yet but it's turning out to be quite the read.

Not stepping on my toes at all, m.h.   The more information, the better!
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Hostility toward religion on the rise? All I can say is YIPPEE!!

Who says good news doesn't sell newspapers?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Xtians generally favor hostility to all religions which are not their particular cult of morons.
*shrug* Lots of religious types aren't happy unless they're have a wee whinge about something or other. The 'persecution complex' seems to be the current choice o' non-problems.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 26, 2016 at 3:10 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Good article by AU about a Texas-based funditard group called "First Liberty" (used to be called the "Liberty Institute").  These whiny douche-nozzles (Robvalue's phrase, I stole it - thanks Rob!) have published an article that all of their uneducated readership will adore, it's titled: "Undeniable Falsehoods: Religious Right Group Releases New Report On The ‘Persecution’ of American Christians".  (AU review Feb 26, 2016 by Sarah Jones)
https://au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/...ort-on-the

Atheists are named as the primary villains.  "In First Liberty’s world, atheists apparently do not merit First Amendment protections, and the First Amendment itself does not guarantee religious neutrality by government actors but is instead a license for fundamentalist Christians to proselytize at will."  

This is an example of what fundie propaganda spin-doctors are trying to do in America.  The scary thing is, a pretty large group of Americans will believe whatever groups like this put out.

They will be fought tooth and nail to a standstill.

A quick Google tells me that there are 350 000 religious congregations in the US, and 217 Christian denominations. There are 215 educational institutions with the official designation of 'theological seminary' (this doesn't include the ((probably)) thousands of schools that are not seminaries per se, but offer degrees in theology). There are at least 600 000 clergy in the US. Laws prohibit discrimination regarding employment, housing, government services, military enlistment, education, elective or appointed public office based on religion.

US religionists don't know how good they have it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Don't forget the ones who give out theology degrees in cereal boxes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The question that makes fundies hostile Godlesspanther 331 100063 December 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  At It Again...Whining Catholic Cunts.... Minimalist 5 3245 July 1, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Poor Fundies.....Hell is A Literary Construct, Too! Minimalist 128 58676 May 24, 2013 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Fundies Say I'm Not a Christian greneknight 51 18078 September 11, 2012 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Book for all to read. Especially Fundies. 5thHorseman 9 2890 November 7, 2011 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Bart Ehrman: Certain to Piss Off Fundies Minimalist 21 7671 August 3, 2011 at 10:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bart D. Ehrman - The Bane of Fundies! Minimalist 83 32155 December 7, 2010 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuel against the fundies tackattack 20 7596 February 27, 2010 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: tackattack