Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the oldest tech device in your possession?
What's the oldest tech device in your possession?
This may be mainly for hoarders. Maybe limit to still functioning.

Got a Sharp EL-506A calculator from the late 70's. Got a Magnavox VHS camcorder (full size tape) from 1988.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: What's the oldest tech device in your possession?
Got an old FX-82 calculator - circa 80s.
Dying to live, living to die.
I used to hoard tech stuff, no longer.

Probably the oldest tech I own is a scuba dive computer circa 2002.
(March 2, 2016 at 10:32 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Got an old FX-82 calculator - circa 80s.

Cool. Had to look that one up.
I have my old Nokia 3360 from the year 2000.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 2, 2016 at 10:44 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I have my old Nokia 3360 from the year 2000.

I had no clue what that even was.
(March 2, 2016 at 10:44 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I have my old Nokia 3360 from the year 2000.

Bronze age!

Big Grin
Dying to live, living to die.
A hammer and some knives.

I've been known to use a rock to pound in garden stakes because I was too lazy to go get a hammer. Would you consider rocks laying around the backyard in my possession?

Seriously, we just moved after ten years in the same house and a bunch of late 1980s and early 90's stuff didn't make the move including what was once a very expensive calculator that printed on heat sensitive tape, two VSH players, and a very not flat screen TV. It was all living in the basement, making no noise and pretending it wasn't there.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

You are a true horder!
Completely useless now. different sim, different voltage. Not even as a backup when the zombies attack.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transgenderism in the tech industry BLDM 119 9577 December 17, 2022 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your oldest memory J a c k 47 7069 August 4, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Little lunch