Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fossil links humans and monkeys
New fossil links humans and monkeys
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science+environment-10633640

apparently our ancestors separated from monkeys later than was thought.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: New fossil links humans and monkeys
That's just my great uncle Louie.
(July 19, 2010 at 5:03 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: That's just my great uncle Louie.

Are you still in touch with his side of the family, or did you stop talking to them after one of them did a crap in the punch bowl?
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
And creationists will go bat shit.....again.
Yet creationists will come up with a counter argument....

OMG. SATAN PUT THE FOSSILS THERE TO DECEIVE US!
(July 19, 2010 at 7:16 pm)CoolBoy Wrote: OMG. SATAN PUT THE FOSSILS THERE TO DECEIVE US!

No, God put them there as a test of faith! Angel
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(July 19, 2010 at 9:36 pm)Dotard Wrote:
(July 19, 2010 at 7:16 pm)CoolBoy Wrote: OMG. SATAN PUT THE FOSSILS THERE TO DECEIVE US!

But Satan switched God's fake fossils with his own fake fossils to make us even more confused,
So when satan puts fake fossils in the ground he's deceiving us,

but when god puts fake fossils in the ground he's testing our faith.

I get it now, makes perfect sense.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(July 20, 2010 at 9:13 am)Zen Badger Wrote: So when satan puts fake fossils in the ground he's deceiving us,

but when god puts fake fossils in the ground he's testing our faith.

I get it now, makes perfect sense.

Nothin maks sence cos me is relijus.
(July 19, 2010 at 9:36 pm)Dotard Wrote:

Both of these views are wrong. The whole earth was covered by a flood and many of the lifeforms destroyed in it became fossilized rather than decaying as they normally would. But Satan did make people believe that the flood never occurred so they had to find a new explanation for the fossils. Eventually they came up with the theory of evolution and said that the fossils were evidence of the truth of the theory.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...sil-record
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More domestication of humans. Jehanne 5 906 November 9, 2022 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  How humans & cats see things at night. Jehanne 3 649 November 1, 2022 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fossil worm shows us our evolutionary beginnings zebo-the-fat 0 360 March 24, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Human brain genes in monkeys popeyespappy 5 512 April 12, 2019 at 5:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fossil provides new understanding of bird evolution Foxaèr 10 938 June 30, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: oldpollock
  Cloned monkeys: First primate clones are created in lab shadow 2 517 January 25, 2018 at 5:56 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Statuesque dinosaur fossil discovered Thumpalumpacus 44 7985 May 13, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Humans evolved from monkeys Old Baby 72 7034 March 10, 2016 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What part of the world did the first humans assemble? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!! 18 3782 October 18, 2014 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Sexual relationships in animals vs. humans Kayenneh 6 2956 March 29, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: *Deidre*