Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with
Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with
My top favorite one is when people think that life survive only in a given set of conditions. The theory of Evolution is about adaptation. There is no static set of conditions in which life survives.

Personally, I myself am not that well versed in evolution.So it would be helpful to have a top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution thread.

For you , what is the most repetitive most popular misconception of Theory of Evolution that you had to deal with?
RE: Some Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution
1. That people regularly think "survival of the fittest" is about being the strongest or most aggressive.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with
2. They don't understand the difference between evolution and abiogenesis

3. They think one species gives birth to a totally different species, nothing like the first one

4. They think "it's totally random"

5. They think its sole purpose is to discredit religion

6. "It's only a theory"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The good old question on why there are still monkeys.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
New information beneficial mutations missing link piltdown man Darwin deathbed recanting you weren't there blablabla
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
I had one clown on my doorstep asking why my front door didn't evolve legs and run down the street!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

The notion that speciation is impossible, and has never been observed.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think it was Ray Comfort who said that if evolution was true, our hands would have evolved into knives and forks.

Demanding to observe the results of hundreds of thousands of years of evolution taking place in 5 minutes.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
By that logic, would east Asian people have evolved chop sticks for hands?
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Why are there still monkeys is a good one. Some people surprise me with that one.

The other misconception that people seem to throw out a lot is that evolution is a process that's purposeful for general convenience, like someone mentioned before the knives and forks for hands thing.  I got asked on an Islamic forum why humans don't have scorpion tails.  As if that would be convenient anyway, imagine the size it would have to be and trying to get into a car with it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 4131 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 5945 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1889 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] Over the top Belacqua 146 11919 August 28, 2019 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3099 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  First order logic, set theory and God dr0n3 293 25256 December 11, 2018 at 11:35 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Old threads of discussion I have had. Mystic 125 16047 April 3, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2467 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  How I deal with no afterlife SuperMarioGamer 117 10865 October 25, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: TheMonster
  A loose “theory” of the dynamics of religious belief Bunburryist 6 1659 August 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Bunburryist