Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Can't Disprove a Miracle
You Can't Disprove a Miracle
You can’t argue with someone about what they have seen. . People see many things. The miracle is not in what a person sees but in their interpretation of what they saw. No one can deny that I saw a cross in the sky. But the part that can be argued is that that cross is a sign from god telling me to go to war. If people do not differentiate between the phenomenon and my interpretation of that phenomenon, then they will say that I saw a miracle.

As human beings we approach the phenomenal world with a paradigm. If we believe god exists, we will interpret everything we see with a theistic paradigm. If we don’t believe in god, we will interpret everything we see with an atheistic paradigm.

Now the atheistic paradigm says there are natural causes for all phenomenon because all phenomenon occurs in the natural universe. We look for the cause in the same universe with the phenomenon. Once a natural cause is identified, no further assumptions are necessary.

The theist, however, cannot stop there. He must say no that’s just the method my god chose to accomplish that. The assumption is that once someone says god did something, it’s not possible to prove that he did not do it.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: You Can't Disprove a Miracle
What kinda of hippy nonsense is this? Sure you can. You just ask them show me book chapter and verse that says a cross in the sky=war or ask them to show BCV that verifies anything they witnessed or experienced as being a 'miracle.' Their needs to be a biblical precedent for what they experienced otherwise their 'miracle' is not of God.
There are no miracles, dumbass.

A miracle would be if you grew up.
Can't disprove this, PRAISE JESUS !!!

[Image: puxkS.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Can't disprove a miracle. Can't prove it either.

As I always say, disprove Bugs Bunny visiting me the other day. It's me saying it, so it has to be right.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(March 8, 2016 at 10:58 am)Drich Wrote: What kinda of hippy nonsense is this? Sure you can. You just ask them show me book chapter and verse that says a cross in the sky=war or ask them to show BCV that verifies anything they witnessed or experienced as being a 'miracle.' Their needs to be a biblical precedent for what they experienced otherwise their 'miracle' is not of God.

bold mine.  For starters, it's "There" not "Their".  Now, for the rest of your post. The bible isn't proof of anything. And you know it. This has been argued to death with you and yet, you still refuse to accept that. The bible is a piece of literature that was written by man from copies of copies of copies of manuscripts that were NOT original. How can you still continue to believe that the bible is any sort of proof of a god?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(March 8, 2016 at 12:46 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(March 8, 2016 at 10:58 am)Drich Wrote: What kinda of hippy nonsense is this? Sure you can. You just ask them show me book chapter and verse that says a cross in the sky=war or ask them to show BCV that verifies anything they witnessed or experienced as being a 'miracle.' Their needs to be a biblical precedent for what they experienced otherwise their 'miracle' is not of God.

bold mine.  For starters, it's "There" not "Their".  Now, for the rest of your post. The bible isn't proof of anything. And you know it. This has been argued to death with you and yet, you still refuse to accept that. The bible is a piece of literature that was written by man from copies of copies of copies of manuscripts that were NOT original. How can you still continue to believe that the bible is any sort of proof of a god?

"There" is about physical location or existence. Location example: Dritch's bible is over there. Existence example: There are many people on this forum who disagree with Dritch.

"Their" is about possession. Example: Dritch and his wife are reading their bible.

"They're" means they are. Example: They're reading the bible.

Putting it all together now: They're reading their bible over there.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Maybe I can't but disproving it isn't my job. I'll just wait for theist to prove that whatever happened was "miracle".
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
Every single one of them uses the bible as their "proof".
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
"Miracle" is another superstitious bullshit word. YES people have "experiences", but that does not mean they understand the natural reasons of what they observed, they simply gap fill where answers lack.

50 million humans world wide die from everything on average per year. We die in child birth or childhood disease or famine. Humans of all ages die from disease and famine and natural disasters and crime and war. That is world wide every year from stillbirth to old age. Why isn't a "miracle" when people die?

If one passenger jet crashes and only 1 out of 300 survives, stupid humans call that a "miracle". If 299 people survive and 1 dies they also call that a "miracle". When does it cease to be a "miracle" when 150 survive and 150 die?

There is no magic to survival, if you made it it was do to countless multiple factors and conditions, if you die it is also from countless factors and conditions.

Especially with doctors, there is such a thing as misdiagnosis. If you survive there is no magic, you simply got lucky if it is a car or plane because of pilot/driver skill and construction of the plane/car and weather conditions angle of impact and speed.

But the bottom line is nobody survives death after they are dead. Stretching the window only means you got lucky. Once that window is gone and your body and brain are beyond repair, you don't come back. You either survive or you do not, and both have natural reasons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the lamest "miracle"? Thor 32 6303 November 23, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Miracle of the Sun. Jehanne 9 1422 August 20, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Miracle Spring water Joods 24 3692 June 27, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20246 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The undeniable miracle at Fatima pabsta 582 154722 August 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19361 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Proof of a Miracle? TrueChristian 13 4223 December 19, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hi, I'm a Christian. Help Me Disprove My Religion! WishfulThinking 265 60349 October 11, 2015 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  With Science and Archaeology and Miracle's evidence for God TheThinkingCatholic 35 11076 September 20, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut