Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay - Interesting thought
Okay - Interesting thought
http://www.heritagedaily.com/2016/03/did...ers/109918

Quote:Did Henry VIII suffer same brain injury as some NFL players?

Quote:Henry VIII may have suffered repeated traumatic brain injuries similar to those experienced by football players and others who receive repeated blows to the head, according to research by a Yale University expert in cognitive neurology.
RE: Okay - Interesting thought
Henry was actually a rather lousy left guard, as he lacked the tools to successfully stop speedy outside pass rushers, and an even halfway decent linebacker in the 3-4 could use him as a turnstile. It wasn't until he was moved to center, where he was faced with less speed and could thus rely on being a vast, immovable bulk guarding the interior and decapitating DTs to rip open running lanes for power runs, that he really started to thrive on the OL.
Quote:Their findings confirm conjecture by some historians that jousting injuries caused later health and behavioral problems.

Boys will be boys...
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I've been following the NFL concussion story with great interest elsewhere and there is something to be said about boys roughhousing and later criminal activity.  CTE was only detected around 2005 and already there is some study being given to girls playing soccer and heading the ball.  Heading the ball is a sub-concussive impact and something the human head was not supposed to be used for.  It will be interesting to see if studies show that girls who play soccer start to have behavioral problems like boys.

http://www.today.com/parents/no-more-hea...cer-t54971

Quote: The days of kids 10 years old or younger heading the ball in a soccer game or practice are over.

In resolving a class-action lawsuit regarding the large number of concussions in the sport, the U.S. Soccer Federation has issued new guidelines either banning or limiting players heading the ball depending on their age. Children 10 years or under will no longer be allowed to head the ball in practice or games, while players ages 11 to 13 will only be allowed to do it during practice, not games.

Someone is paying attention...
Damn, time to sell my shares of stock in Amalgamated Drool Cups, Incorporated.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Henry VIII suffered from a lot of things according to doctors having looked into what his contemporaries said about him. Most likely diabetes, since he was a glutton and syphilis. This all according to the doctors treating him back then. If you want to call 16th century medicine treatment that is. But they recorded the symptoms pretty accurately.

So I guess, brain injury was the least of his troubles. Syphillis would have driven him mad in any case.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(March 8, 2016 at 3:55 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Damn, time to sell my shares of stock in Amalgamated Drool Cups, Incorporated.

Nah, I have faith that you can find some other way to rebrand them.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thought on "race". Gawdzilla Sama 17 1348 August 11, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I thought this was going to be about gun violence. brewer 3 676 March 14, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Just a food for thought definitecomplex 5 642 April 1, 2017 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Joods
  This is interesting brewer 5 1105 January 2, 2017 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting snippet on Tx resistent depression. brewer 73 8012 August 30, 2016 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Okay. Interesting Hypothesis Minimalist 2 715 August 29, 2016 at 4:44 pm
  Interesting Study Minimalist 3 754 August 19, 2016 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  An interesting read about BP treatment brewer 4 1010 July 24, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Interesting Study.... Minimalist 0 698 April 5, 2016 at 11:57 pm
  Okay "god" you fucking poser....Top This! Minimalist 12 2359 March 11, 2016 at 3:12 pm