Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know a good audio converter?
Anyone know a good audio converter?
I'm trying to convert wav to mp3, I want to use a converter that won't put 10000 viruses into my PC.

I tried using itunes to do this because I hear you can but it won't work no matter what I try, the create mp3 version is greyed out and nothing I try will make it usable.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Anyone know a good audio converter?
Audacity.
Audacity is good.  So is Format Factory.  Free, safe, converts audio and video.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Freemake Video Converter also does audio.  I've used it for years.
Audacity allows you to batch process files, with some neat little features, and plenty of support online or on youtube about how to do those things.
I went online somewhere and it did it for me nice and quick.
Most are safe, you're on their site watching their side adds, they get the clicks.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Audacity user here.

lamemp3 /oldschool
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 17, 2016 at 3:02 am)Alex K Wrote: lamemp3 /oldschool

That's a good point.  He did say specifically .wav to .mp3, so I'd actually say that would be a very good choice.

If anyone wants to pay me, I can write a custom .wav to .mp3 converter to spec, since I have some experience with the lame dll.
My question is this. Your music is in WAV format, so I assume it's been ripped from the source CD?

If that's the case, I'd skip MP3 and go straight to FLAC. Unless you need the files in MP3 format for a specific reason.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know the bandwidth of the Switch and Wii U CPU's? Mechaghostman2 1 364 March 11, 2020 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  File converter. paulpablo 21 1636 October 23, 2017 at 1:34 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Anyone know about P2P? Oldandeasilyconfused 0 743 September 23, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused