Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The official nonsense translation thread.
The official nonsense translation thread.
I'll be the first to admit, I SUCK at learning foreign languages. But, if I can make anyone in the world look at me and say to themselves "What the fuck is that weirdo smoking, and get a laugh out of it, it is worth the smile".

So lets not stick to one language, lets take any language in the world and make something silly out of it.

So you put a nonsense English sentence together, and those responding translate it into any language they want and post it here. Now just so you know, you don't have to speak the language, although it is a plus if you do, and even outside this silliness I do admire those who can speak two or more languages. You can copy and past the English sentence into a google search and follow it with "translate to......ect ect"

"My cat drinks beer"

Translate that into any language, then offer a new nonsense sentence, the next person has to translate into a different language to avoid too much repetition, say three or four posts before you can repeat the same language.

GO!
RE: The official nonsense translation thread.
"Meine Katze trinkt Bier."

Well that's kind of anticlimactic because the languages are too close
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

mi gato bebe cerveza

now this one...
in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth.
Big Grin

ok, how about a real one...
If a cranky old man operates a small fruit stand with a darling girl, then the philosopher strokes his melons.
Am Anfang schuf Gott den Himmel und die Erde

Wenn ein grantiger alter Mann mit einem lieben Mädchen einen kleinen Früchtestand betreibt, streichelt der Philosoph seine Melonen.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

GUYS, no no no no.

You got the right idea, BUT,

Translate the person above you, but after that, create another nonsense sentence in English for the next person below you to translate. Never mind, you did do it. Sorry,

Might want to keep em short so people don't have to spend forever looking up each word.
Had hats had happy hippos, hungry hobos had heaps of horsemeat.

(March 17, 2016 at 9:32 am)Alex K Wrote: Had hats had happy hippos, hungry hobos had heaps of horsemeat.

Sorry, I meant

Had happy hippos had hats, hungry hobos had had heaps of horsemeat.

(March 17, 2016 at 9:32 am)Alex K Wrote: Had hats had happy hippos, hungry hobos had heaps of horsemeat.

French according to google translator.

"chapeaux avait eu hippos heureux , hobos affamés avaient des tas de viande chevaline ."

Translate this, "How many mice come with that toilet?"
(March 17, 2016 at 9:42 am)Brian37 Wrote:

French according to google translator.

"chapeaux avait eu hippos heureux , hobos affamés avaient des tas de viande chevaline ."

Translate this, "How many mice come with that toilet?"

Ce mhead lucha teacht leis sin leithreas? (Irish)

Translate: 'Nipples are rarely found on Tuesdays.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"Go blow jesus out your ass."

(Okay - that's my personal translator.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A sports official escapes in Tennessee Brian37 0 310 June 2, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Official "Why you didn't get another date" Brian37 5 578 April 24, 2018 at 12:05 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  NONSENSE! Are you theistic? Edwardo Piet 2 507 January 30, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8371 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 4015 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chinese-English Translation Fails Kurdistannn 11 3763 August 28, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Official - God evolved from Chimp Deity The Valkyrie 4 1099 April 11, 2014 at 5:38 am
Last Post: Cato