Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rewriting the bible part 5 - duderonomy (Deuteronomy)
Rewriting the bible part 5 - duderonomy (Deuteronomy)
Finally the last chapter of the OT books then i can move onto the rest of the book Big Grin

The new laws of the bible... the same laws as there is now based on morals and modern day society. 
That being said... do not look into this book for morals because well there is simply none. Only the morals
of the society you are born into. 

So all in all blah blah blah promised land the modern day first world get there and be good the end.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Rewriting the bible part 5 - duderonomy (Deuteronomy)
Again, the issue is not so much when this shit was first written....7th century BC is pretty much a given ( fundie shitheads notwithstanding) but rather when it was last edited and who profited from the editing....cui bono as the lawyers say.
(March 18, 2016 at 4:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Again, the issue is not so much when this shit was first written....7th century BC is pretty much a given ( fundie shitheads notwithstanding) but rather when it was last edited and who profited from the editing....cui bono as the lawyers say.

Yep and religion is serious business
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Deuteronomy:

Female victims of rape must marry their rapist. This is to provide for them see!

That is all you need to read to know how 'moral' this book was.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Deuteronomy, quick version: Don't do anything or I'll get really angry and kill you!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If I rewrote the Bible I would only need a keyboard with a DELETE key.
You're not an ugly person; you're a beautiful monkey.

Here's the Holy Bible, Old and New testament, abridged Alex K edition:

Quote:In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
For she doted upon their paramours,
whose flesh is as the flesh of donkeys,
and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
And they had hair as the hair of women,
and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
Amen.

It captures the essence, doesn't it?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44025 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88422 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Remember this part in the bible? Foxaèr 17 2931 June 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  rewriting the bible part 2 - exodus dyresand 68 14398 March 21, 2016 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Rewriting the bible part 4 - Numbers dyresand 2 1020 March 15, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  rewriting the bible part 3 - Leviticus dyresand 11 3149 March 14, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 1941 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A question for theists Part V - A new hope dyresand 12 3898 November 14, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  A question for theists Part III dyresand 4 1519 November 4, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  A question for theists Part II. dyresand 18 4670 October 29, 2015 at 3:10 am
Last Post: ignoramus