Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Biscuits
Jesus Biscuits
From Health:

http://news.health.com/2014/10/22/why-th...on-wafers/

Don't they (and maybe the Catholic hierarchy) get the religious concerns about gluten free communion wafers wrong ??

Yes, I'd posit if Jesus existed and if he instigated the bread/wine appetizer course, and the recipe has been accurately transmitted down through the centuries, and the church is still directing their sheeple to do it correctly, there probably was wheat involved.  However, doesn't belief in transubstantiation guaranty the bizkit is going to be meat slurry when it hits the duodenum and not various starches, cellulose, and plant proteins?

So how can a believing Christian react to one if they are an actual diagnosed celiac sufferer?

Additionally, these church facilities serving the bizkits are (presumably) packed to the gills with True Believers, and we all know one way of recognizing a True Believer is their ability to heal via laying on of their hands.  So we have another problem here, if some one in their midst suffers excruciating chunky orange diarrhea from communion, wouldn't it make sense to HEAL THEM of their affliction ??

I think the church is clearly aware of these issues, and obviously, a celiac reaction disproves transubstantiation occurs, it casts doubt on anyone in their organization being in fact, an ACTUAL TRUE CHRISTIAN, and the church poobahs just want the whole issue to go away.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Jesus Biscuits
(March 19, 2016 at 11:30 am)vorlon13 Wrote: From Health:

Don't they (and maybe the Catholic hierarchy) get the religious concerns about gluten free communion wafers wrong ??

Yes, I'd posit if Jesus existed and if he instigated the bread/wine appetizer course, and the recipe has been accurately transmitted down through the centuries, and the church is still directing their sheeple to do it correctly, there probably was wheat involved.  However, doesn't belief in transubstantiation guaranty the bizkit is going to be meat slurry when it hits the duodenum and not various starches, cellulose, and plant proteins?

So how can a believing Christian react to one if they are an actual diagnosed celiac sufferer?

Additionally, these church facilities serving the bizkits are (presumably) packed to the gills with True Believers, and we all know one way of recognizing a True Believer is their ability to heal via laying on of their hands.  So we have another problem here, if some one in their midst suffers excruciating chunky orange diarrhea from communion, wouldn't it make sense to HEAL THEM of their affliction ??

I think the church is clearly aware of these issues, and obviously, a celiac reaction disproves transubstantiation occurs, it casts doubt on anyone in their organization being in fact, an ACTUAL TRUE CHRISTIAN, and the church poobahs just want the whole issue to go away.

I have a catholic friend who has celiac disease. The church actually orders a small amount of gluten-free "hosts".  I have not upset her by asking how something that she declares is magically transformed into the actual body of christ by the witchdoctor er, priest still contains wheat flour that upsets her digestive system.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
You'd think a 'god' could handle something as mundane as getting his devoted followers to take a proper shit, wouldn't you?
(March 19, 2016 at 12:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You'd think a 'god' could handle something as mundane as getting his devoted followers to take a proper shit, wouldn't you?

If he could, he'd've substituted raisins for the bread and prune juice for the wine. 'This do in remembrance of pppppppppppppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff *splash*'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Poor planning.
(March 19, 2016 at 11:46 am)drfuzzy Wrote:
(March 19, 2016 at 11:30 am)vorlon13 Wrote: From Health:

I have a catholic friend who has celiac disease. The church actually orders a small amount of gluten-free "hosts".  I have not upset her by asking how something that she declares is magically transformed into the actual body of christ by the witchdoctor er, priest still contains wheat flour that upsets her digestive system.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 19, 2016 at 1:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 19, 2016 at 12:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You'd think a 'god' could handle something as mundane as getting his devoted followers to take a proper shit, wouldn't you?

If he could, he'd've substituted raisins for the bread and prune juice for the wine.  'This do in remembrance of pppppppppppppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff *splash*'

Boru

. . .  or figs

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

How do the catholics know it was wheat bread that was deemed "the body"? It's my understanding that there was bread made from other grains in that region at that time (rye, barley, oat).

How did the catholics decide 100 parts per million was acceptable for transubstantiation but 20 parts per million or less was not?

Do they have any of the same kind of rules for the wine?

This all seems very arbitrary.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Jesus seddso ?

A clear example of intelligent design! Obviously God didn't want any gluten weaklings in the body of Christ, or else there would have been no gluten in... the body of Christ.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7236 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7383 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist