Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the late Bruce Murray convert to Christianity?
Did the late Bruce Murray convert to Christianity?
I am posting this in the "Physical Sciences" section, because Dr. Murray, co-founder of the Planetary Society, was a physicist.

I was watching an episode (Season 8, Episode 8) of the Closer to Truth series, where Dr. Robert Kuhn was interviewing Dr. Murray, and he indicated in that interview that he was a theist, a "belief that he shared".

Dr. Murray died within a few years of the interview from Alzheimer's disease; this interview was in stark contrast to the interviews that he gave to Dr. Kuhn 10 years earlier.

Anyone know of Dr. Murray's religious beliefs?
RE: Did the late Bruce Murray convert to Christianity?
His bio on Wiki does not address the issue but it is possible.  You know that Alzheimer's turns the brain to mush.  What better place for theism to take root?
RE: Did the late Bruce Murray convert to Christianity?
(March 22, 2016 at 5:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: His bio on Wiki does not address the issue but it is possible.  You know that Alzheimer's turns the brain to mush.  What better place for theism to take root?

Here are Dr. Murray's interviews:

http://www.closertotruth.com/contributor...ay/profile

It's the "Does Cosmology Provide Meaning" link (I think) that has his statements.

P.S. Yes, that's the one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The late Victor Stenger answers WLC. Jehanne 1 502 February 25, 2016 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist