Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Trump Getting So Many Delegates if the Repubs Hate Him So Much?
Why is Trump Getting So Many Delegates if the Repubs Hate Him So Much?
Are we being bamboozled?

I'm kinda discombobulated here. Everybody acts like Trump is a big maverick who’s going against the party grain. You got everybody from Glenn Beck to Mitt Romney attacking him. But something ain’t right. If the repugnants hate him so bad why is he getting so many delegates? What is a delegate and how can you get delegates if you don’t have party support?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Why is Trump Getting So Many Delegates if the Repubs Hate Him So Much?
The base likes him, but the establishment doesn't.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Trump is playing the racist shitheads who make up the republicunt base like a violin.  He has stepped in with a line of shit that the establishment ( meaning business criminal assholes ) can't handle.
Trump has only got around 35% in a lot of states, but the ridiculous amount of worthless candidates has been stretching out the percentages over many pieces of shit rather than one.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...al_primary

The Presidential nominations actually happen at the party conventions. In general, the primary elections/caucuses give candidates a certain number of delegate votes (it changes from state to state) for their Presidential nomination. It doesn't matter if the party likes you, those delegates' votes are supposed to be pledged to you.

What's interesting this year is that there are rumblings that some of Trump's won delegates may rebel. We may actually see a splintering of the GOP later this year.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(March 22, 2016 at 6:09 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: We may actually see a splintering of the GOP later this year.

I've got the Popcorn ready to go fo that.
(March 22, 2016 at 6:17 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 22, 2016 at 6:09 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: We may actually see a splintering of the GOP later this year.

I've got the Popcorn ready to go fo that.

Me too.  The RNC will be highly entertaining this year.  Certainly better than Clint Eastwood stammering at a chair for 10 or so minutes.
Cruz isn't Tea Party enough apparently.
He's still only polling a plurality even with the race down to two and a half. That plurality appears to be solid though - unfazed by significant attacks against him. It continuously looks like he'll retain his delegate lead but will have a hard time winning a majority.

As to the meat of the OP question, the shepherds have lost the flock. We saw the beginnings of this four years ago when it took the bulk of the primary for Mitt Romney to shake off Rick Santorum - a man who makes Trump look sane. The base Republican voters have stopped buying what the Republican establishment is selling. Rather than going Democrat or even independent, they're turning to ever more fringe Republican candidates.

The Republican party is in some serious shit right now. They need to reinvent themselves. They need to present a sane platform, one that is a reasonable alternative to the Democratic party. It need not be one which everyone will agree with but it needs to be a platform worthy of consideration. They don't have that now. They have fallen so far behind the times and are so out of touch with the average American, Republican voters are turning to ever-more fringe candidates like Trump. The party needs to get in line with the 21st century and do it quick or they will go the way of the Whigs.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I'm not sure which option is more frightening.

Trump is off-the-charts Dunning-Kruger. And the rubes eat it up because the media has, for whatever reason, decided to go along with his bullshit and crassness and racism and rampant stupidity.

Cruz is frightening because of his record and evangelical overtones.

Either way, if one of them actually manages to become President, we're pretty much fucked.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why so many marriages fail in the US neil 56 2525 January 8, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 19734 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1285 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The problem with "Hate crimes". onlinebiker 25 1158 February 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 846 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1805 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4118 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1025 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 367 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1909 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII