Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do atheists and liberals like Islam?
Why do atheists and liberals like Islam?
This is such a strange thing, but I've noticed over the years that liberals and atheists prefer Islam over Christianity. We have terms such as Islamaphobe for example. Where I live in Madison, the freedom for religion foundation doesn't ever go after Islam, but goes after Christianity. Doesn't really go after Judaism either for that matter. Why do the left and the atheists support Islam? Do they support the stoning of women who commit adultery, or throwing gay people off roofs? Do they prefer women have their clitorises cut off for female mutilation? Do they want to walk around in a halloween costumes or bee keeper suits known as burkas? What's up with the left/atheist love Islam? I can understand the left at least because they are all about privilege, but for atheists, that's another story I'd like hear about.
RE: Why do atheists and liberals like Islam?
(March 25, 2016 at 1:33 am)scoobysnack Wrote: This is such a strange thing, but I've noticed over the years that liberals and atheists prefer Islam over Christianity. We have terms such as Islamaphobe for example. Where I live in Madison, the freedom for religion foundation doesn't ever go after Islam, but goes after Christianity. Doesn't really go after Judaism either for that matter. Why do the left and the atheists support Islam? Do they support the stoning of women who commit adultery, or throwing gay people off roofs? Do they prefer women have their clitorises cut off for female mutilation? Do they want to walk around in a halloween costumes or bee keeper suits known as burkas? What's up with the left/atheist love Islam? I can understand the left at least because they are all about privilege, but for atheists, that's another story I'd like hear about.

Sure;

[Image: 1ceb7f643f137eb6a90900ad3c1574d0.jpg]

If that doesn't answer your question, Nothing will.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(March 25, 2016 at 1:41 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(March 25, 2016 at 1:33 am)scoobysnack Wrote: This is such a strange thing, but I've noticed over the years that liberals and atheists prefer Islam over Christianity. We have terms such as Islamaphobe for example. Where I live in Madison, the freedom for religion foundation doesn't ever go after Islam, but goes after Christianity. Doesn't really go after Judaism either for that matter. Why do the left and the atheists support Islam? Do they support the stoning of women who commit adultery, or throwing gay people off roofs? Do they prefer women have their clitorises cut off for female mutilation? Do they want to walk around in a halloween costumes or bee keeper suits known as burkas? What's up with the left/atheist love Islam? I can understand the left at least because they are all about privilege, but for atheists, that's another story I'd like hear about.

Sure;

[Image: 1ceb7f643f137eb6a90900ad3c1574d0.jpg]

If that doesn't answer your question, Nothing will.

Well I would say that corn cob should go in your ass, and that if you don't support sharia law, you will die as an infedel. Are you islamophobic?
Itsy bitsy spider climbed up a waterspout
out came the sun and dried the spider out
The rest is history.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Actually, all religions suck cock, son.
[Image: M6q9xph.gif]

QED
Err... what?

I'd say people are way more scared of Islam, particularly those in the public spotlight. This probably causes them to toady around it more than they would if they were talking candidly.

"Islam" is nothing, really. All religions are nothing. It's a collection of ideas, that's not in any way fixed. I can "be a Muslim" yet say the bible is the word of God and the Quran is bullshit. Legally, I don't see how anyone can stop me. Any particular person can say I'm not a "true Muslim", but they can say that anyway and it carries no legal weight. Sure, people are pretty likely to copy most of the other people in the religion, but it's all entirely arbitrary. If they join a particular denomination and then explicitly support what that sect "believes", then that is their choice. They don't have to join any sect, they can just make up their own one with whatever bullshit they want.

It's all bullshit, so there can't be "wrong" bullshit. Religious beliefs clearly are not required to be internally consistent, or consistent with reality, even superficially. Religion is just an extreme and dangerous form of superstition, nothing more. Some more openly encourage danger by perpetuating oral myths about the divine nature of disgusting cult literature. This includes, regrettably, Islam and Christianity.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 25, 2016 at 1:54 am)Minimalist Wrote: Actually, all religions suck cock, son.

Well some religions apparently have priveledge then.

Feel free to contact the http://ffrf.org/ to start going against Islam. I think they are actually scared of a terrorist attack against them, which is a major reason everyone is scared of the "religion of peace".
Holy shit, scoob, I just can't for the life of me think of a pragmatic reason why FFRF et al focus on Christianity in the US.

Oh wait. Yes I can.
Scooby, your religious views are... true? Isn't that a redundant statement?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2222 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1917 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3471 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My decoversion and back to Islam. Mystic 34 4253 October 18, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why is Christianity and Islam so widely practiced? NuclearEnergy 12 2450 November 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why is Kim Jong-un just like God. ignoramus 3 1601 July 11, 2017 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Why Do Atheists Criticize People's Beliefs? Rhondazvous 225 52378 June 5, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9217 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why the religious will never admit you won the argument (and why they don't care) Veritas_Vincit 166 20260 June 30, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity wolf39us 38 7866 June 2, 2016 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Aractus