Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passover
Passover
As we celebrate Easter we should be preparing for the soon coming Passover.
[Image: 83a418abcc6ae348278459e27fb5dcfd.jpg]

Don't forget to do your Seders.
Quote:The highlight of Passover is the Seder, observed on each of the first two nights of the holiday. The Seder is a fifteen-step family-oriented tradition and ritual-packed feast.

The focal points of the Seder are:

-Eating matzah.
-Eating bitter herbs—to commemorate the bitter slavery endured by the Israelites.
-Drinking four cups of wine or grape juice—a royal drink to celebrate our newfound freedom.
-The recitation of the Haggadah, a liturgy that describes in detail the story of the Exodus from Egypt. The Haggadah is the fulfillment of the biblical obligation to recount to our children the story of the Exodus on the night of Passover.

For more information please visit this site. http://m.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pe...ssover.htm
RE: Passover
Apparently one needs to get drunk to perform the ritual.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(March 27, 2016 at 11:52 am)IATIA Wrote: Apparently one needs to get drunk to perform the ritual.

As all good rituals worth their salt do.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
Too much work. I just smear blood on my doorframe and call it good.
Quote:-Eating bitter herbs—to commemorate the bitter slavery endured by the Israelites.

Fuck them.  We're having roast lamb and a nice Italian red and we won't think of the fucking jews..... or their xtian ass-hangers.... at all.
Passover
(March 27, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:-Eating bitter herbs—to commemorate the bitter slavery endured by the Israelites.

Fuck them.  We're having roast lamb and a nice Italian red and we won't think of the fucking jews..... or their xtian ass-hangers.... at all.

Now M that is mean and grumpy of you. You need to have more tolerance and compassion for them. Eat the bitter herbs.
Quote:Eating bitter herbs—to commemorate the bitter slavery endured by the Israelites.

That's the worst food metaphor I ever heard.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(March 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(March 27, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck them.  We're having roast lamb and a nice Italian red and we won't think of the fucking jews..... or their xtian ass-hangers.... at all.

Now M that is mean and grumpy of you. You need to have more tolerance and compassion for them. Eat the bitter herbs.

I'm not trying to win the Lady Byng trophy, you know.