Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish shopkeeper killed for wishing people 'Happy Easter'
Scottish shopkeeper killed for wishing people 'Happy Easter'
From the BBC in Scotland:
"Arrest after Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah dies in attack"

And who killed him may surprise you. And I quote the article: "Police said both Mr Shah and the arrested man were Muslims." Apparently there are many in the Ummah who don't want to co-exist with their neighbours. People need to stop buying Saudi oil.

I don't get why people hate Ahmadiyya enough to want to kill them. What people do in their private lives is none of my concern. It's not like Ahamdis have been constantly peddling the victimhood mentality which implicitly encourages people to fight for al-Saud's henchmen in Iraq and Syria and hate all Westerners. They are neither Sunni or Shia so I really don't get it. It's not like they've got into government and oppressed people.

RE: Scottish shopkeeper killed for wishing people 'Happy Easter'
God:1
Humanity:0

Go God...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 28, 2016 at 6:14 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: From the BBC in Scotland:
"Arrest after Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah dies in attack"

And who killed him may surprise you. And I quote the article: "Police said both Mr Shah and the arrested man were Muslims." Apparently there are many in the Ummah who don't want to co-exist with their neighbours. People need to stop buying Saudi oil.

I don't get why people hate Ahmadiyya enough to want to kill them. What people do in their private lives is none of my concern. It's not like Ahamdis have been constantly peddling the victimhood mentality which implicitly encourages people to fight for al-Saud's henchmen in Iraq and Syria and hate all Westerners. They are neither Sunni or Shia so I really don't get it. It's not like they've got into government and oppressed people.

Just looking briefly at this sect of Islam, I imagine it's exactly because they are neither sunni or shia as to why they are persecuted.  It does seem crazy, their motto is love for all hatred for none, and these Muslims are considered disbelievers in some Islamic countries, to me it seems like these would be the exact sect of Muslims it would be most preferable to live around.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

But, paulpablo, you've got people adamant that you should not say such things as "Happy Easter" or "Merry Christmas" because it will lead to eating pork and drinking alcohol. They claim uttering those words is amoungst the highest forms of blasphemy. Are you sure it's not just a coincidence that he was Ahmadi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-x-rDRsTo

Who made this clown the "Grand Mufti of Zimbabwe"? Zimbabwe has maybe 1% Ummah anyways, if they're lucky, so it's not like it matters. Bloody Saudis. And I mean literally, not just figuratively. They have blood on their hands for supporting such noobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6MjBd1r8Y4

Quote:Police said both Mr Shah and the arrested man were Muslims.

Obviously, at least one of them was not muslim "enough."
No no, I'm saying the opposite, I'm saying it seems to be the case that he was murdered because he made those statements about Easter, and because he was a part of this Islamic sect.  No coincidence.  It just seems crazy to me that these seemingly more peaceful sects of Islam are the ones being persecuted.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Yeah like the Houthis in the Yemen. But you even had more "mainstream" people wishing Christians well, not just fringe groups. However you are right in saying it's always the more sensible people that get persecuted. The Saudis won't stop funding, Fascist, hateful, people though.

How vile Sad Poor guy, this is terrible.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pakistan: Man accused of blasphemy killed by mob in Khanewal Duty 9 888 February 13, 2022 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Did you know why king Faisal of Saudi was killed 1975? ReptilianPeon 4 2131 March 5, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  American Ambassador to Libya killed over Youtube video System of Solace 26 11814 September 14, 2012 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Koldaramor
  Mother Shayma Ali killed daughter, four, 'as sacrifice' downbeatplumb 14 5707 October 2, 2011 at 11:22 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
Sad 25 Killed in Muslim bomb attack Napoléon 30 13497 June 29, 2011 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Violet