Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Logical Fallacies
All Logical Fallacies
http://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/EN...lacies.htm

This is a link to a list of 90 Logical Fallacies, and examples of each. I looked on the AF Hall Of Fallacies, and yes there are some listed, the links do help, but there's not really a website or post there that's clear cut with a ton of them listed that someone could just scroll through.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: All Logical Fallacies
I have posted in the past RationalWiki's page on logical fallacies, which has such a list.

The one you posted is way more formal/complete; the one I posted is a lighter read with a few more examples of things IRL, if you want to take a look.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(April 2, 2016 at 5:48 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: I have posted in the past RationalWiki's page on logical fallacies, which has such a list.

The one you posted is way more formal/complete; the one I posted is a lighter read with a few more examples of things IRL, if you want to take a look.
Yeah there were some I browsed through that are similar.

The thing I like about this one is that it's not just a bunch of names people don't know with links to explanations of what they mean, it's just clear cut, listed and explained in one page.

I don't know, it's not a big deal, the one you linked is perfectly fine, it's preference, just thought it'd be useful to someone. Smile
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
I was thinking about doing a video about this topic.

Many people just don't seem to care about this, and then wonder why they aren't taken seriously in a debate.

This is my little mantra: if your argument can be easily modified in order to prove anything, then it actually proves nothing.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Thanks. That's a really great list.
All Logical Fallacies
Thanks, heat! Great reference!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
You know how you drift from one thing to another on google, youtube, etc.

I can't believe there is so much shit everywhere dedicated to woo.
They probably don't think of it as woo, but I'm sure most of us here do...

I was watching a lecture on youtube about the evolution of man. Then I realised this guy's a fucking crackpot!
(Religious people are clever to disguise their bullshit as a form of science in order to legitimise it. I wonder why that is?)
I don't know, geez, maybe because science is true and actually works!

Then I thought I'd look up to see how Dynamo does some of his tricks...(out of curiosity).
Wham! The next 10 youtube videos explain to me how he's an Xmen mutant disguising his skills as magic, or that he's getting help from demons who do the supernatural stuff for him. I'm still undecided as yet, LOL!

And did you guys know there are at least 80 species of aliens here walking amongst us! No? OMG people, wake up!

Fuck me! I'm starting to suspect that critical thinking is the enemy of reality and all that other stuff is real! Sorry God, you're probably right.
I'm on my way to church right now...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 2, 2016 at 9:45 pm)ignoramus Wrote: You know how you drift from one thing to another on google, youtube, etc.

I can't believe there is so much shit everywhere dedicated to woo.
They probably don't think of it as woo, but I'm sure most of us here do...

I was watching a lecture on youtube about the evolution of man. Then I realised this guy's a fucking crackpot!
(Religious people are clever to disguise their bullshit as a form of science in order to legitimise it. I wonder why that is?)
I don't know, geez, maybe because science is true and actually works!

Then I thought I'd look up to see how Dynamo does some of his tricks...(out of curiosity).
Wham! The next 10 youtube videos explain to me how he's an Xmen mutant disguising his skills as magic, or that he's getting help from demons who do the supernatural stuff for him.   I'm still undecided as yet, LOL!

And did you guys know there are at least 80 species of aliens here walking amongst us! No? OMG people, wake up!

Fuck me! I'm starting to suspect that critical thinking is the enemy of reality and all that other stuff is real! Sorry God, you're probably right.
I'm on my way to church right now...
Yeah dude I completely know what you mean.

Careful though not to assume everything that doesn't agree with your preconceived idea's is woo however.

Oh by the way, that Dynamo guy, I did the exact same thing, ended up watching 3 episodes of "Demon Magicians", that guy was the main person in them and they basically showed a trick and then said "Look at that! How is it possible? Can you explain it? if you can't it's DEMON MAGIC." and then I looked at the comments and he said "Look to everyone commenting and hating just do your research or leave the video. people are so ignorant, and they just hate for no reason, do ur research to discover the truth." or some shit.

It's fucking comical.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

I love it when they use high ranking officials to give credit to their claim.
Like that ex Canadian Defence Minister who going on about all the aliens here! OK, you must know this stuff because it was your job to feed them and bathe them, was it?

hehehe

[Image: 11v6x3.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The most commonly used one on here and the internet in general is the fallacy fallacy. Just pointing out that someone used a logical fallacy doesn't mean they are wrong.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Logical Observation About Racism. disobey 20 1908 August 23, 2023 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: MarcusA
  Fallacies and tactics LinuxGal 1 459 August 10, 2023 at 9:51 am
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] Fallacies & Strategies John 6IX Breezy 88 7975 August 10, 2023 at 6:02 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Logic Fallacies: A Quiz to Test Your Knowledge, A Cheat Sheet to Refresh It Rhondazvous 0 985 March 6, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3655 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Hall of Fallacies Rayaan 107 66945 January 12, 2017 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Logical Absolutes Tiberius 14 14629 November 20, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Matt Dilahunty On The Logical Absolutes Edwardo Piet 30 6343 November 20, 2016 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Logical contradictions in certain notions of monotheistic deities Mudhammam 5 1423 May 7, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Is nihilism the logical extreme of atheism? Whateverist 301 46346 October 23, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest