Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump solidified Christian stance with prolife; why he'd make a horrible president.
Trump solidified Christian stance with prolife; why he'd make a horrible president.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPMQTGVFySQ

"When Donald Trump first announced his intention to run for president in 2016, it was met with laughter, ridicule and an overall feeling of doubt regarding his actual intentions.  However, as the date for presidency draws forever closer, Trump's chances of winning are rising.

And as his chances rise, Americans are becoming more and more divided, between pro-Trump and anti-Trump.  But what the pro-Trump community doesn't realize, is that Trump is a step backward in a forward moving America.  So, why is Donald Trump a problem?"
RE: Trump solidified Christian stance with prolife; why he'd make a horrible president.
Any comparison to Hitler is stupid and shouldn't be taken seriously. #Godwinslaw
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Trump solidified Christian stance with prolife; why he'd make a horrible president.
I'm asking myself the same. Hitler's pretty inflationary in the USA. Take Trump on his own prick score instead of rolling out the bogeyman. He's bad enough under his own steam.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Usually I agree about the hitler thing, but he literally has suggested that we force Muslims to wear ID badges and restrict their right to travel, not to mention his comfort with suggesting that as president he would order the military to commit war crimes. He's not Hitler. He's not as scary as Hitler. But for the first time the comparison with Hitler and a politician actually kind of makes sense.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 2, 2016 at 8:43 pm)Losty Wrote: Usually I agree about the hitler thing, but he literally has suggested that we force Muslims to wear ID badges and restrict their right to travel, not to mention his comfort with suggesting that as president he would order the military to commit war crimes. He's not Hitler. He's not as scary as Hitler. But for the first time the comparison with Hitler and a politician actually kind of makes sense.

I've gone through enough election cycles in my life to hear people say that every single election about some candidate or another.

I think it's poor understanding of what Hitler was calling for before he came to power. Hitler openly proclaimed the racial superiority of Germans, openly advocated war as a virtue. Openly advocated the elimination of the Jews. People who make Hitler comparisons with whoever generally don't understand Hitler very well or the conditions of the 1930s and just how the prevailing morality of the day was so different then today. I mean Trump is a different kind of right wing then we are used to here in the United States for sure. Much more Authoritarian, much more like the Xenophobic European right that exists currently. I agree with Abrias, Trump fails on his own accord. Bringing Hitler into it is just silly and offensive.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
The comparison is inapt. Trump's demagoguery fails on it's own accord and needs no boogeyman.
Trump hit pieces are a dime a dozen, and none of them do anything to discourage his supporters. Why? Because they all outright lie about him. There are a few great videos out there comparing the things said in these hit pieces with what Trump actually said using long quotes and context. People are voting for Trump because of these hit pieces, not in spite of them.

Here we have politicians on the left who are paying actors to protest Trump rallies, and making absurd campaign promises (bribes, really) to try and win votes. Trump's biggest problem is that he believes America has a culture and an identity, and that we have a right to preserve it. For some reason, believing in an American culture is an unforgivable offence to the left. Oh, and he doesn't take any money from the establishment, which seems to be causing a huge stir among the donors, and those who receive large donations.
Meandering Atheist: Several friends on a journey of romance and adventure, to talk about moderately interesting topics.
(April 3, 2016 at 1:02 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Much more Authoritarian, much more like the Xenophobic European right that exists currently.

Pretty much. It was pretty usual that the American right was to the right of European conservatives. But with extreme rightwingers raising their ugly heads everywhere, Trump pretty much fits their bill. Although the badge wearing part and the open endorsment of torture, wouldn't be possible in Europe. Not because the European extreme right was any better and would if they could, but because of history and anti hate speech laws.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 3, 2016 at 9:44 am)Meandering Atheist -J- Wrote: Trump hit pieces are a dime a dozen, and none of them do anything to discourage his supporters. Why? Because they all outright lie about him. There are a few great videos out there comparing the things said in these hit pieces with what Trump actually said using long quotes and context. People are voting for Trump because of these hit pieces, not in spite of them.

Here we have politicians on the left who are paying actors to protest Trump rallies, and making absurd campaign promises (bribes, really) to try and win votes. Trump's biggest problem is that he believes America has a culture and an identity, and that we have a right to preserve it. For some reason, believing in an American culture is an unforgivable offence to the left. Oh, and he doesn't take any money from the establishment, which seems to be causing a huge stir among the donors, and those who receive large donations.

Everything I know about him are things I have heard him say in full speeches and interviews. And there's no crime in wanting to preserve the American culture, one of the reasons I would never vote for him is because of my love for American culture. The real American culture from 2016 not the American south from the early to mid 1900's.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 3, 2016 at 12:15 pm)Losty Wrote: Everything I know about him are things I have heard him say in full speeches and interviews. And there's no crime in wanting to preserve the American culture, one of the reasons I would never vote for him is because of my love for American culture. The real American culture from 2016 not the American south from the early to mid 1900's.

Ah yes. The "real" American culture.
Meandering Atheist: Several friends on a journey of romance and adventure, to talk about moderately interesting topics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paschal's Wager re-formulated mathematically: why being Christian is Rational. Nishant Xavier 59 3408 August 6, 2023 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What is your stance on magic fellow atheists ? tahaadi 42 4562 October 13, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My stance on religion dyresand 0 531 November 16, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Being an atheist is not passive, it requires an active stance Dystopia 33 8831 May 27, 2015 at 9:22 am
Last Post: comet
  Your stance on Hard Atheism trmof 251 43745 December 18, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  what is our stance on global warming? Jextin 76 11649 September 4, 2014 at 4:21 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Why Agnostic Atheism may not be the most logical stance. Mystic 36 12645 March 1, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why do you make such a big deal out of it? Fruity 14 6062 January 31, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  what is our stance on holistic medicine? leodeo 41 10090 November 9, 2013 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Why, Why,Why! Lemonvariable72 14 3556 October 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas