Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Ruler Said he would Kill any woman Who Claimed Zeus Fathered her Child?
What Ruler Said he would Kill any woman Who Claimed Zeus Fathered her Child?
Somewhere a writer mentioned that during the time of Jesus, miraculous births were so common that one ruler declared that the next woman who got pregnant and said Zeus was her child’s father would be put to death.

Unfortunately the writer gave no references to support this. Does anyone here know which ruler he was talking about?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: What Ruler Said he would Kill any woman Who Claimed Zeus Fathered her Child?
It was probably Zeus; he had to have been pretty fed up with all the child support... (rimshot)
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
RE: What Ruler Said he would Kill any woman Who Claimed Zeus Fathered her Child?
Never heard of that one.

It does sound like something that Drumpf just said.
Kind of makes jesus look a little less special, when you find out Zeus apparently had a lot of kids.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Earthly incarnations of gods were something of a banality at the time.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irene of Athens: the Christian Byzantine Empress who gouged her own son's eyes. WinterHold 118 6556 January 4, 2022 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I have said it before. human history. Brian37 11 1530 July 30, 2019 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Mom's Rehab and her roommate. Brian37 25 3307 August 9, 2016 at 5:40 am
Last Post: GUBU