Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone told me to kill myself twice today, I don't know why it's been bothering me
Someone told me to kill myself twice today, I don't know why it's been bothering me
I was in an lgbt chat room today, I decided to tell a stupid joke. Why did the french comedian not tell the same joke twice? He didn't want it to get snail. I forget the other one. I made these jokes up myself. So this person just says "kill yourself". I politely ask him if he would please not tell people to kill themselves, in more words than that, to which he replies "kill yourself". There wasn't many people in the chat, the moderator didn't ban this person but told them to shut the hell up and stop talking numerous times.

I don't know why, but this totally destroyed my mood for most of the afternoon. I don't even know this person, I've never talked to them before, I made one silly joke and all of a sudden they tell me to kill myself. I know that these are trolls, but it just makes me so depressed. The person just went on mocking and whatever in the chat room until he eventually left. I just think, what kind of world is this? What the hell is wrong with that person? 

I am no stranger to online environments, I've had my fair share of shit thrown my way, I know what to expect when I go and interact with strangers online. This though, this just really struck me on a deeper level as something that made me feel absolutely awful. To think that this uncaring, probably a child, person, just goes around saying this cruel shit, absolutely no care or remorse, I just think, what is wrong with this world? It has me so fricken upset, I don't even know how to describe why. 

I think in our world, we're often told that our feelings are no big deal. That we should just be stoic and repress whatever it is that's making us upset. There's so many things in this world that make me upset, to the point where I just feel like my mind is containing so many negative thoughts that I can't hold them all. It makes me depressed, it makes me feel like I just can't deal with all the thoughts inside my head sometimes. The center of my brain responsible for feeling happiness just turns off. I don't know what to do about this.

The world just seems like a very cold, dark place. I feel like I'm intelligent in that I'm sensitive, but I feel that my mind is very very vulnerable. I often feel that being acutely aware of what is going on around me, I just sense a lot that's wrong. I've often got comments that I'm very sensitive, it's embarrassing. I feel like I'm not taken seriously. I feel like I'm not given credit and I don't feel like I'm capable of a whole lot, that I'm not very intelligent. Because wouldn't an intelligent person learn how to get by? 

I know I just contradicted myself a lot there in that previous paragraph, but that's just where I'm at right now, I have no fucking idea what's going on inside my head and I just wanted to lay it out so that maybe someone can make sense of it. Hopefully I will be going to bed soon, it's about 10:47pm. Hopefully I'll wake up feeling better tomorrow. I'm sorry if this seems sort of bloggy.
RE: Someone told me to kill myself twice today, I don't know why it's been bothering me
Some people are pieces of shit.

Don't let them get to you.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Someone told me to kill myself twice today, I don't know why it's been bothering me
Sometimes humans suck. Sorry it ruined your day. 

Hug*
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Matey, learn to not give a fuck better.
Better for you in the long run.

I struggle to take my wife seriously after 30 years, you think I'm gonna batter an eyelid over an internet stranger?

Maybe being that way is my defence mechanism because deep down, it affect me also?
We all cope in our own special ways emotionally.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
And if you want to deal with the problem directly, identify the person, go to their house and talk it out...

...I mean plant an axe in their face.
Dying to live, living to die.
To sum it up people can be plain assholes on the internet just saying. You can be the nicest person ever
but when you are on the internet you can be a complete piece of shit to anyone. Don't let it bother you
honestly it's not worth getting upset over.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
What the fuck is going on here? If you tell an insensitive joke, don't go around dripping your cunt complaining that some are insensitive about it. Jesus tits.

I don't have a problem with the joke, but I have a huge fucking problem with your infantile reaction to the expected criticism. Grow a pair.
PP, I'm afraid you need to grow thicker skin. The bottom line is that YOU are in charge of your own mind, you're own feelings. It needs to be that way. If your happiness can be dictated by others, you are screwed. It's natural to feel some disappointment when other people don't like you or (more likely) don't like you at a specific moment (just because your joke sucked), you need to put it in perspective.

You recently posted about anti LGBT laws in US states so I'll assume you are American. Let's look at US Presidential election history. I believe the most lopsided election in terms of popular vote was the 1964 election between Lyndon Johnson and Barry Goldwater. Johnson got 61.1% while Goldwater got 38.5%. That's the biggest popular vote margin in history. Yet Goldwater got more than 1 out 3 people's vote. Stop and think about that. Even the guy who won the highest percentage of popular votes in history won less than 2 out of 3 people's vote.

The moral of the story here is that you cannot possibly please everybody. Even if you are extremely popular, you will still not be liked by at LEAST a third of the population - at least in specific ways. If you go through life dependent on everybody approving of you, you're in for a rough ride - because NOBODY gets that. Do your best to get approval from YOU. Be open to constructive criticism from others because that can help you improve yourself but don't give dickweeds the time of day. Any asshole can spout hatred at you because they disagree with what you said or are just assholes in general. It should not influence how you feel about yourself. Stand proud.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(April 8, 2016 at 12:58 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: And if you want to deal with the problem directly, identify the person, go to their house and talk it out...

...I mean plant an axe in their face.

Jeezus Valkyri, you really want to make life difficult for your ER colleagues, don't you?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I don't think that one would be "difficult" at all.  D-O-A... wheel in the next one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3647 193557 April 14, 2024 at 9:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 43 518 April 13, 2024 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2135 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1067 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2196 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 682 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1130 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 691 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Setting up TV remotes, a "Kill me" event. Brian37 35 1701 September 30, 2021 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1289 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4