Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about sneezing.
Let's talk about sneezing.
This came up the other day while driving with my wife and an attack came on.

When I sneeze they typically come in bunches, three to five, sometimes more. Mouth open, very loud (sometimes scares the dogs), eyes closed, whole upper body contracts. Used to get crap for it at work when other people were on the phone. Apparently it's a little distressing for passengers when I'm driving. Especially when doing 70mph.

When driving the thing that sets off the attack is most often is the sun. Specifically, when I'm traveling north or south and turn into the sun. Googled it and I guess it's common but I've only met one other person that sun sneezes. Apparently sex will set off attacks in some people but none that I know or at least have admitted to.

Any one else have similar experiences? Not just with sun but with anything that sets you off (not including allergies/pepper/........)? Can you make yourself sneeze? Anytime I pull a nose hair it's a given, sometimes eyebrow. Are you a singleton or buncher? A loud sneezer or a sneeze stifler? Do you actually say a-choo like I do?

Maybe I'm an aberrant sneezer and this thread will go nowhere.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Let's talk about sneezing.
I do one sneeze and it's loud. It offends people. I have to hold on to something or I'll lose my balance and fall over.
If I'm about to sneeze and for some reason it doesn't quite make it and starts to go away, I look at the sun or a bright fluorescent light and tickle the tip of my nose and that brings it back.
My ex used to do 10 mini sneezes. I'd count them, almost always 10.
If I feel a sneeze coming on, a quick glance at a florescent light is all it takes to seal the deal.

I have to have an incipient sneeze lurking in the plumbing for light to fully trigger it however. I have a family member that usually sneezes when going outdoors on a bright day, and another who sneezes (once) when eating a peppermint candy.

Additionally, Primary Cat, when he was a kitten, had this basso profoundo character to his sneezes which I found amazing for such a small critter. As a grown cat his sneezes definitely lack the lower timbre thunder he had when young. To this day, Primary Cat sneezes far more often than Emergency Backup Cat #2. Neither cat seems to have any light sensitivity in regards to sneezing.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I have allergies and developed hay fever after my oldest was born. I can only wish mine came in batches of three to five. Instead I get them in batches of 15 to 20. I sneeze loud and it's annoying. Sometimes the sneezes come before I've had a chance to recover from the prior sneeze making it sorta gross. I've tripled up on my dose of Cetirizine because that seems to be the only thing that works and doesn't make me drowsy.

Mine are brought on my molds, pollens, pet dander (not giving up my babies just for allergies), house dust and bright lights.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I read once that there's a significant percentage of people who sneeze when the sun gets in their eyes. Not sure how true it is but now I'll have to look it up.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Photic sneeze reflex
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photic_sneeze_reflex

Quite common I think, when I sneeze it can last 3 or 4 minutes, just one after another, if I'm driving I just have to pull over until it stops.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I don't think I've ever had a multi-sneeze attack. Just the one, then I go round the house and replace whatever fell off the shelves.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 9, 2016 at 10:13 am)Losty Wrote: I read once that there's a significant percentage of people who sneeze when the sun gets in their eyes. Not sure how true it is but now I'll have to look it up.

My husband ALWAYS sneezes when the sun gets in his eyes!  Now our 19 month old is starting to do it.  Maybe there is a genetic link!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 9, 2016 at 9:12 am)Little lunch Wrote: I have to hold on to something or I'll lose my balance and fall over.

I want to know you! Sneeze falling, that's pretty awesome! I would never be offended if you sneeze fell in-front of me, I'd giggle then help you up!
"I'm thick." - Me
I sneeze like I mean it. I don't fuck around. ah-motherfucking-choo!!!!
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's be different Foxaèr 38 2429 August 17, 2023 at 12:38 am
Last Post: no one
  Let's see your electric car do THIS... onlinebiker 18 1125 November 11, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2073 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My cat is sneezing WinterHold 22 2484 April 26, 2020 at 12:58 pm
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1057 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  They let these people breed onlinebiker 17 1414 February 17, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2058 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
  Let's (re-)watch a series on Netflix together. Mystic 33 3767 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2238 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10557 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm