Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF is this?!
WTF is this?!
NOVA SCIENCE special featuring a video about a massive flood 15,000 years ago?! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1jTBSNHKiY

Can someone please enlighten me on this?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: WTF is this?!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outburst_flood
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
As the glaciers melted the melt water gathered into large lakes, like Lake Agassiz.  At some point the lakes let go and the water had to go somewhere.  Agassiz, which drained eastward into the Atlantic, is blamed for the Younger Dryas phased which was something of a mini ice age as the North Atlantic Conveyor shut down because of the flood.

But no fucking jesus or noah, needed.  Just geology.
Hey Luckie!!!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I don't know the current results of research, but there also was a theory about the mediterranian breaking into what's now called the Black sea at some point. Which may have been the source of the Middle Eastern flood tales. The bible one is predated by Gilgamesh anyway. One might even say, word for word taken from there.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Hey Alex and guys, thank you! Such fun and interesting stuff!! I'm on a wikipedia adventure now.. I'm high as fuck in the hospital! ha.
Dont worry all's well. I'm very close to getting fully reformed I do believe, I just have a very aggressive autoimmune disease(s) and the doctors
spent a year with their thumbs up their butts, so we've been playing catch up here in Colorado--where there's REAL medical care! Smile

I miss you guys awfully, though. Just know that. As the late Terminator 1234590 would say, "I'll be beck!"
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

I guess I should watch the whole documentary and not the initial breakdown, next time I call bullshit! ha ha my bads

(April 9, 2016 at 6:50 pm)abaris Wrote: I don't know the current results of research, but there also was a theory about the mediterranian breaking into what's now called the Black sea at some point. Which may have been the source of the Middle Eastern flood tales. The bible one is predated by Gilgamesh anyway. One might even say, word for word taken from there.

Ryan and Pittman's hypothesis has been rebutted.

http://www.whoi.edu/oceanus/feature/noah...-big-flood

Quote:Now, a new study in the January 2009 issue of Quaternary Science Reviews suggests that if the flood occurred at all, it was much smaller—hardly of biblical proportions. Liviu Giosan of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) and Florin Filip and Stefan Constantinescu of the University of Bucharest found evidence that Black Lake/Sea water levels rose only 5 to 10 meters around 9,400 years ago, not 50 to 60 meters as Ryan and his colleagues proposed. The flood would have drowned only about 2,000 square kilometers of land (about half of Rhode Island), rather than 70,000 square kilometers (more than the entire state of West Virginia).
So... So... You're not staying? Sad

I haz a sad.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(April 9, 2016 at 10:55 pm)Mamacita Wrote: So... So... You're not staying? Sad

I haz a sad.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...