Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS Warriors 72-9 so far .. best team ever in the NBA?
GS Warriors 72-9 so far .. best team ever in the NBA?
No real answer to that of course.  Send these Warriors back in time to play the Chicago Bulls and the Bulls would beat them up and take their lunch money.  But send the 96' Bulls forward in time to play these Warriors and they'd run them into the ground and bury them in points.  All you can really say is this Warriors team is as dominant in its era as those Bulls were in theirs, and they may well finish with an even better record when they finish on Wednesday.

Next up: take care of business in the playoffs.  I wonder what a winning bet for the Warriors to win the championship again this year would pay?
RE: GS Warriors 72-9 so far .. best team ever in the NBA?
It would for sure be an incredible matchup.

Jordan/Pippen on defense against Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, I think the Bulls win that matchup. Draymond Green becomes the difference maker, with all those triple doubles.

If they played a hundred seven game series, I think you could model that with a coin flip.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
They close out against Memphis on Wednesday night. Long rest, a team they've beat 4 times already this year, hyped out of their minds to have the best record ever.

There's no way they don't go 73-9. Which gives them a better record than the best team ever, the '96 Bulls. If they win the championship this year in 6 or less games, (and who's going to beat them?), then you have to make the argument that they are the best single season team of all time.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
What I like most about them is their team oriented style of play. Unlike the static our-best-stud in isolation against your best efforts to defend him, the Warriors play a style that makes maximal use of all five players. They also have the best shooter of all time in Curry along with that beast Draymond and a whole lot of players who understand the game and can contribute.
Truth. No one hates them. A lot of people hated the Bulls, even more hated the Lakers, even more hated LeBron with the Heat. It is physically impossible to hate Steph Curry, and the team is so distributed and plays with such enthusiasm (there is no Dennis Rodman) that no one hates the Warriors. (Give them another couple of championships, and maybe the haters will come out of the woodwork.)

The other thing is that they have no clear rival. They are peerless in this league, which some will say should detract from their value in the GOAT conversation, but I say is a testament to their balance and shooting ability. Doing it with really one household name is pretty huge, as well.

And yet San Antonio is having its best year ever and would be the favorite if the Warriors weren't so dominant. The Warriors are at least in part modeled after the Spurs, though their coach certainly has other influences in his master plan.

I've got to say I couldn't stand Mark Jackson. Besides being a preacher I always thought the way he would call out the players to the press after a game was outrageous. If they weren't playing right, make better use of practice and teach what's needed more effectively.
NBA? That's basketball, right?
(April 11, 2016 at 2:00 am)Bella Morte Wrote: NBA? That's basketball, right?

You are a good guesser.   Smile
Yeah, I think they probably are the "best team ever." Pippen saying the '95-96 Bulls would sweep them in 4 is asinine. One thing older sports start who want to compare their teams to today's teams never seem to realize is just how much better, physically, the average player is today. Stronger and faster and can jump higher and all that. Of course, you give the '95-96 Bulls all of the same resources, I'm sure they'd improve proportionally, but that wasn't what Pippen was saying. Ultimately, I'm with SC - the best Bulls team has a coin flip's chance (at best) against this Warriors team.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Been a while. They finished with the best ever record. In five minutes the third game of the their series with Portland begins. Will Rip City rebound with home cooking? Or will GS put them on the ropes? No Steph again. Kind of takes the pressure off of them and onto Portland. I think either team could take game three. Portland will either win tonight or they get swept. Good luck all you Portlandiers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of my usernames so far Foxaèr 11 554 June 12, 2021 at 11:06 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  2019 has sucked a fat one so far SteelCurtain 11 1419 February 19, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Keyboard Warriors WinterHold 3 365 September 3, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  My Favorite Personality Test So Far Edwardo Piet 23 4212 June 2, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Do you know why the end of the month is still too far away? Foxaèr 15 2415 April 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How far does your open-mindness go? rado84 22 2569 August 12, 2016 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: brewer
  what do girls like for guys as far as looks/personality? Rextos 32 3609 May 25, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: robvalue
  GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season Whateverist 29 4456 December 13, 2015 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Best. Hallowe'en costumes. Ever. Cyberman 12 1366 September 28, 2015 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Chad32
  What are the best BBQ foods ever? Let's make the perfect barbecue. H2O 72 9672 June 30, 2015 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Minimalist