Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
Transexuals
Transsexuals suffer from a diagnosable affliction called Gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder. So then how is this not a mental illness if the word/term mental illness literally means:

Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
(as per the Mayo clinic)

If this is a mental disorder, then why do we allow the patients to run the asylum? Why do we have mentally compromised people trying to set a national policy that allows them to indulge their disorder?

would we allow people afflicted with Munchhausen access to their kids? Or if you want to look at other people who just hurt themselves, would we allow people who want to cut themselves places they could do so?
RE: Transexuals
Because they're fully capable of functioning within society, as long as they're allowed to modify their body/style to fit how they see themselves. Same with gay people. Just let them do what they want, and they won't have more destructive issues later. If you don't allow them to express themselves properly, it will only make things worse. Higher suicide rates, for instance. Being gay or transgender doesn't make people more suicidal. How society treats them does.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

So, Drich, what you seem to be saying here is that you think it's reasonable to allow discrimination against people who have a particular medical condition, with the force of law.

Charming.

What a vile, despicable excuse for human being you are.
Being a transsexual does not in any way negatively affect anyone else.

Certainly, you may whine and exercise your right to complain about your dislike of that which in no way personally affects you, but do not expect me to value or respect your apparent doucheness.

Leave it to an illogical theist to make yet another illogical argument, of course. An individual with Munchhausen causes real harm to other people. A transsexual does not cause you any real harm except in your deluded brain where you think having a personal dislike for something means you have the right to label it nonsensically evil and sinful.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 11, 2016 at 10:51 am)Drich Wrote: If this is a mental disorder, then why do we allow the patients to run the asylum? Why do we have mentally compromised people trying to set a national policy that allows them to indulge their disorder?

You're allowed to walk free, aren't you? So stop complaining.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
We are already being ruled over by mentally unstable folks known as theists, who are not only known to hurt themselves but others as well, compared to that a transsexual person is pretty much on the same level as normal sane person.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Disgusting and uninformed as usual. Wonder why there's no link coming with that diatribe. Probably because the source is yet another apologist with no credit to his name.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Transgender here. You can kindly go fuck yourself.
I have to admit that I don't really understand the transexual mindset.  I haven't experienced it myself, I can't imagine desperately wanting to be a different sex.  However, I have a friend with a transexual son.  I watched Marcie struggle with depression all through her teenage years, and into her early 20's.  Then Marcie started to transition.  She became Anderson.  Anderson is a handsome, short, lightly built young man - you would not know he was born female if you met him.  
     And Anderson is happy.  He is outgoing when he once was terribly shy.  He has re-enrolled in college, when he once wanted to leave school forever.  He has family, he has friends, he has hope.

I don't understand it but I celebrate and support it.  I have never met a transexual who wanted anything other than to present themselves publicly as the person that they believe they are inside. 

It's really sad when Christians, who are supposed to follow a teacher who held up a Samaritan (a person the Jews thought were scum of the earth) for admiration, who ate with tax collectors and all sorts of "sinners" and treated them with compassion, get angry when we object to them HATING AND JUDGING PEOPLE.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(April 11, 2016 at 11:58 am)drfuzzy Wrote: I have to admit that I don't really understand the transexual mindset.  I haven't experienced it myself, I can't imagine desperately wanting to be a different sex.  However, I have a friend with a transexual son.  I watched Marcie struggle with depression all through her teenage years, and into her early 20's.  Then Marcie started to transition.  She became Anderson.  Anderson is a handsome, short, lightly built young man - you would not know he was born female if you met him.  
     And Anderson is happy.  He is outgoing when he once was terribly shy.  He has re-enrolled in college, when he once wanted to leave school forever.  He has family, he has friends, he has hope.

I don't understand it but I celebrate and support it.  I have never met a transexual who wanted anything other than to present themselves publicly as the person that they believe they are inside. 

It's really sad when Christians, who are supposed to follow a teacher who held up a Samaritan (a person the Jews thought were scum of the earth) for admiration, who ate with tax collectors and all sorts of "sinners" and treated them with compassion, get angry when we object to them HATING AND JUDGING PEOPLE.

I don't understand it either, but I'm with you. just because I can't see myself in that position does not mean that it is bad and people who should be condemned. I'm all for letting people be what they want as long as it does not impinge on other people and by impinge I mean in reality not in a "they find it icky" kind of way. I'm not sure I've made myself entirely clear here. Its like my position on gays, i'm not one, but I am supportive.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.