Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Ryan Says "No Fucking Way"
Paul Ryan Says "No Fucking Way"
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36029685

But who can believe him?

Quote:But some commentators were quick to point out that he said he did not want to run for Speaker of the House last year before eventually accepting the job.

If his lips are moving, he's lying.
RE: Paul Ryan Says "No Fucking Way"
It'll be interesting to see where this goes. I'd hate see him as the nominee because he certainly comes across as dignified and presidential. For a Republican, he's positively sane. Let's face it: Hillary has her weaknesses. Our hope is that if he is nominated, the Trump crowed goes crazy and he runs as a 3rd party candidate or independent. I guess that's the best possible scenario but I'll rest easier in the short run if Trump wins the nomination.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Quote:For a Republican, he's positively sane.

Not once you look at his budget, he isn't.  He's a tool of the corporate scumbags and nothing more.
(April 12, 2016 at 5:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:For a Republican, he's positively sane.

Not once you look at his budget, he isn't.  He's a tool of the corporate scumbags and nothing more.

That's not a "sane" issue. He doesn't go spouting off utter nonsense which would scare away independents and moderates. He's a much stronger general election candidate than Trump (who is obviously crackers) and Cruz (GWB the 2nd). He's a lot more marketable.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I could see Ryan being sincere in his objection this time . . .

[Image: bull-gore-o.gif]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Paul Ryan is absolutely a lunatic. He might be smarter about presenting himself, but I don't think he's electable. He cut money to education, he's anti-choice, and he wants to pass DOMA (he also wants to prevent gays from adopting). I know Republicans from Wisconsin who are sick of him. Oh yeah, and he takes plenty of time for his family, but wants to make sure nobody else can. There's plenty for Hillary to destroy him with. Including the fact that the GOP went against the will of the people and selected someone who dropped out a long time ago and said they weren't going to accept the nomination, and who also said that they wouldn't be speaker of the house, then became speaker of the house.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(April 12, 2016 at 5:20 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(April 12, 2016 at 5:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Not once you look at his budget, he isn't.  He's a tool of the corporate scumbags and nothing more.

That's not a "sane" issue. He doesn't go spouting off utter nonsense which would scare away independents and moderates. He's a much stronger general election candidate than Trump (who is obviously crackers) and Cruz (GWB the 2nd). He's a lot more marketable.

Is that the best we can hope for from the republicunts?  The appearance of sanity while he's fucking 99% of the population up the ass?

Perhaps "sanity" is overrated?
(April 12, 2016 at 5:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Not once you look at his budget, he isn't.  He's a tool of the corporate scumbags and nothing more.

Well that's sane in comparison. That's very sane in comparison.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I hope you're right, Cecelia. It's just that Hillary is a very polarizing person. She repulses a lot of people. That's bad because historically. the charismatic candidates usually win. I don't think that would be fatal with Trump or Cruz because they have the same problem. Ryan projects a better image though. I would rather avoid him unless it's a 3-way race.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 319 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Fucking Cops: Volume II Minimalist 2600 233694 June 24, 2020 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Paul Manafort fredd bear 21 3184 March 10, 2019 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Paul Krugman Called It Minimalist 38 6014 October 22, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1789 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 630 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 665 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Oops. Fucked Up Again, Paul Minimalist 2 561 May 18, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 763 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rand Paul Caves Like The Useless Shit He Is Minimalist 7 1647 April 23, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist