Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One More Time - Science 1 God 0
One More Time - Science 1 God 0
Fuck god.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/14/health...ss&emc=rss

Quote:Chip, Implanted in Brain, Helps Paralyzed Man Regain Control of Hand

Quote:Five years ago, a college freshman named Ian Burkhart dived into a wave at a beach off the Outer Banks in North Carolina and, in a freakish accident, broke his neck on the sandy floor, permanently losing the feeling in his hands and legs.

On Wednesday, doctors reported that Mr. Burkhart, 24, had regained control of his right hand and fingers, using technology that transmits his thoughts directly to his hand muscles and bypasses his spinal injury. The doctors’ study, published by the journal Nature, is the first account of limb reanimation, as it is known, in a human with profound paralysis.
RE: One More Time - Science 1 God 0
Science is awesome.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Science is way cool.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
But god gave the surgeons and technicians their skills, right?

Bullshit!
Dying to live, living to die.
God can't do shit.
I actually had some Buddhist bunghole (in real life) tell me he was going to chant the Namu Myoho Renge Kyo on my behalf, which would re-grow my eye. Several weeks later he emailed me an article about a revolutionary technology that showed some promise regarding restoring sight to blind people and crowing that his chant worked and his faith was validated.

It was all I could do to not walk over to his house and punch him in the face.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 13, 2016 at 5:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I actually had some Buddhist bunghole (in real life) tell me he was going to chant the Namu Myoho Renge Kyo on my behalf, which would re-grow my eye.  Several weeks later he emailed me an article about a revolutionary technology that showed some promise regarding restoring sight to blind people and crowing that his chant worked and his faith was validated.

Boru

Was he a Google Buddhist bunghole?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 13, 2016 at 7:20 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 5:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I actually had some Buddhist bunghole (in real life) tell me he was going to chant the Namu Myoho Renge Kyo on my behalf, which would re-grow my eye.  Several weeks later he emailed me an article about a revolutionary technology that showed some promise regarding restoring sight to blind people and crowing that his chant worked and his faith was validated.

Boru

Was he a Google Buddhist bunghole?

Possibly, but if you must label him, 'cuntflake' would be more apropos.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Pretty amazing how science continues to get better.
Not so amazing that religion remains the same old tired shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Science Creeps Closer To Fixing One of 'God's' Errors Minimalist 29 4228 February 24, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Just one more reason to not spawn. Gawdzilla Sama 7 935 January 12, 2018 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  One more disgusting item about mice vorlon13 26 2229 December 10, 2017 at 10:59 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  We gave Narcan to one particular addict 20 times in one month vorlon13 6 1016 October 4, 2017 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Science Takes Another Step To Putting God on Unemployment Minimalist 15 2937 March 15, 2017 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Nonpareil
  God can never know more than the host ignoramus 21 6114 February 17, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Magilla
  Time to start wearing gloves more often. brewer 10 2142 October 31, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Religion says we're rebelling against God; Science finds differently. TaraJo 29 12869 September 17, 2012 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Science Works.....religion wastes time praying Minimalist 10 3899 June 2, 2012 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The science behind why people reject science Kaptinjoo 6 2746 April 27, 2011 at 2:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist