Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even the computers are Racist!
Even the computers are Racist!
I loled:

Quote:Tay, Microsoft Corp's so-called chatbot that uses artificial intelligence to engage with millennials on Twitter, lasted less than a day before it was hobbled by a barrage of racist and sexist comments by Twitter users that it parroted back to them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-micros...SKCN0WQ2LA
"I'm thick." - Me
RE: Even the computers are Racist!
This much be why, whenever I do a web search, Google prefaces with results with a muttered '...lazy fecking bog trotter...'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That's actually pretty old news. I read that some weeks ago and my only thought was, how could they expect differently? If you program a bot to learn, based on comments on the internet, the first thing it will come up with are profanities, racial slurs and more or less sexual vulgarities.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
You won't lol when A.I. starts doing significantly more than that.
(April 14, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: You won't lol when A.I. starts doing significantly more than that.

I know right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

Science often starts off as science fiction after all!
How do you think Skynet developed hatred for humanity and tried to exterminate everyone ??

[Image: skynet-8.gif]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hmm I don't see yet what's the fuss about because, for instance, there is so called Cleverbot that exists for few years now. It's also AI and very popular and it can get racist if you ask him like "Was Hitler right about Jews?" and yet no one is lifting any panic about this. Maybe because the Microsoft Corp's so-called chatbot is from Microsoft and it's just a juicy field day for conspiracy theorists.

Here's what Cleverbot just answered me:

[Image: 60ac6159098a59479fa2e143297aea04.png]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 14, 2016 at 10:11 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: How do you think Skynet developed hatred for humanity and tried to exterminate everyone ??

[Image: skynet-8.gif]

Sarah Connor, is that you?
They should of let it carry on. I mean eventually it would of been confronted for its racism, right?
Wouldn't it be kind of interesting to see how it would factor that into its future responses? Whats the point in the experiment if you're going to shackle it to whats socially acceptable? We learn nothing.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Well, maybe the imprimatur of a computer coming to the (apparent) realization racism is OK is just not acceptable.

Although it's funny as hell how it happened. Maybe we only let nice people play with it next time . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will quantum computers slow our Internet down? FlatAssembler 5 494 November 16, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Need info on Internet connection when even cell phone service is iffy arewethereyet 10 994 February 24, 2023 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why are our mini-computers called smartphones? Alexmahone 57 4524 September 1, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Microsoft to dump it's computers into the sea. Succubus 26 3705 June 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Proving that spying on computers is a physical reality, pretty easy one too. WinterHold 2 1201 March 14, 2015 at 8:36 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  quantum computers simplexity 1 1009 July 6, 2013 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Computers taught to recognise cats. downbeatplumb 4 1701 June 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris