Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God must be random
God must be random
I posted this (along with a bit more stuff) a few days back in the apologetics area of Christian forums and have gotten no intelligent rebuttals yet.  Thought I'd see what you all think.  Maybe pretend you're Christian for a minute and try to tear it down.

1. Properties are either intelligently assigned or randomly assigned.
2. God has properties.
3. God was not assigned these properties by someone else.
4a. Assume God did not assign his own properties to himself.
5a. No one assigned God his properties, so they are not intelligently assigned.
6a. God's properties are random.
4b. Assume God did assign his own properties to himself.
5b. We can reasonably agree that God assigned himself his own properties according to his own preferences.
6bA. Assume God assigned himself his own preferences.
7bA. Before God assigned himself his own preferences, he did not have any preferences.
8bA. God assigned himself his own preferences randomly.
9bA. God assigned himself his own properties according to random preferences.
10bA. God's properties are random.
6bB. Assume God did not assign himself his own preferences.
7bB. God's preferences are not intelligently assigned.
8bB. God's preferences are random.
9bB. Go to 9bA.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/t...d.7941675/
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
RE: God must be random
I see so many problems from the start.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
for one biblical god is a paradox that could not exist so end it right there.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Why is randomly assigned the only alternative to intelligently designed?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Simple answer: theists who prescribe to ID are fucking ignorant.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
If the biblical God character existed several thousands of years ago where in the hell is he now? No one has seen hide or hair of him since the Babylonian Empire collapsed and the last Babylonian emperor bit the dust. That should be a major hint. The biblical God character was simply the series of men who ruled the various dominant Middle Eastern empires up to about 500 BC. They included such characters as Darius and Cyrus of Persia. And since they were simply men the God character had their attributes.

Even the Bible says that people shouldn't believe in Jewish fairy tales so stop believing in their imaginary deity.
(April 16, 2016 at 1:11 am)Alex K Wrote: Why is randomly assigned the only alternative to intelligently designed?

In the link I provide the actual thread I posted, and on the first premise that you're referring to I have an asterisk which refers to this at the bottom:

*(There can be a mixture of intelligent assigning and random assigning. For example, with sleight of hand I might give myself a better chance of drawing the ace of spades from 1 chance in 52 to, say, one chance in 10. In this case, it can be said that the card I draw is random to some degree and intelligently assigned to some degree. For the purposes of this thread, I will ignore this possibility because either there is no God, in which case there is no intelligent agent to stack the odds of a certain thing to occur, or else there is a God, in which case said God does not need to rely on chance as he is omnipotent. I assume we can agree to ignore the possibility of a God that has limited power; God is either unlimited in power or else maximally powerful, that is, he can perform any action which is not logically absurd.)
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
(April 16, 2016 at 12:45 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I see so many problems from the start.

Such as?
I'll assume your not stupid and try this out.

1. Properties are either intelligently assigned or randomly assigned. (Or stupidly assigned, by a dumby)
2. God has properties.  (or she doesn't...)
3. God was not assigned these properties by someone else. (Or a cosmic die roll did it)
4a. Assume God did not assign his own properties to himself. (You've already made 3 of them why stop?)
5a. No one assigned God his properties, so they are not intelligently assigned. (random die roll)
6a. God's properties are random. (again 3).?
4b. Assume God did assign his own properties to himself. (why? Think we are begging the question?).
5b. We can reasonably agree that God assigned himself his own properties according to his own preferences. (Defiantly Begging the question now.)
6bA. Assume God assigned himself his own preferences. (we haven't stopped assuming why start now?)
7bA. Before God assigned himself his own preferences, he did not have any preferences.
8bA. God assigned himself his own preferences randomly. (so this is “ok” for random but not others ok..)
9bA. God assigned himself his own properties according to random preferences.
10bA. God's properties are random.
6bB. Assume God did not assign himself his own preferences. (You just said he did viva 6bA)...
7bB. God's preferences are not intelligently assigned.
8bB. God's preferences are random.
9bB. Go to 9bA.

Congrats you created some nonsense! Well done!

This kinda random, un-thought-out nonsense is exactly why pricks like Dirch love this forum.
"I'm thick." - Me
(April 16, 2016 at 3:10 am)Goosebump Wrote: I'll assume your not stupid

[Image: hqi1a.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Australia church abuse: Priests 'must report' confessions zebo-the-fat 77 12719 August 16, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks. Minimalist 10 2749 March 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3637 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Christianity must Implode Shining_Finger 60 19173 February 28, 2016 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christian argued that everything must have a creator jcvamp 125 23380 December 17, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Nontheist
  Random Thoughts on Hell: Daddy's Crazy Athene 47 8765 September 18, 2015 at 10:04 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Fish must be very holy Boris Karloff 99 23960 March 25, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Catholic chain letter: Atheist groups are illegal, must disband. Esquilax 14 2875 January 11, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: jonsasstmichael
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12244 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  MUST WATCH !! Ahmed Al Hassan to Athiests alquersh 0 1072 October 27, 2013 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: alquersh