Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)?
Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)?
Hi everyone! First time poster here. I consider myself to be agnostic; I was born in a muslim family , but I abandoned my faith in my early 20's, alhtough I had been a skeptic ever since my teenage. Because when I heard all the Islamic stories in my text books, I just found them stupid. 

Anyways my question here is regarding some verses of Quran. Just recently, I was watching Zakir Naik's debate with an atheist. The atheist asked how do you know the Quran is word of God; he replied that because there is science in Quran that the modern scientists have come to know about very recently,but it was mentioned in Quran recently, and then Zakir Naik quoted the following verses;

21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? 
He claims that above verse mentions big bang.

And the following verse he claims that tell us that earth is spherical:
79:30 And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse); (I do realize that Zakir Naik is just a showman; and that this verse does not say earth is spherical)

And then he mentions there is genetics, embryology etc in the Quran that science came to know about recently but was mentioned in Quran 1400 years ago.

So will someone please refute the above verses and refute any other so called scientific verses that Muslim apologists claim to be contained in Quran or Hadith

Regards
RE: Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)?
Welcome. I will quote you one of my earlier posts which adresses this issue. I will just cut out the irrelevant parts

RozKek Wrote:AHH THE GOOD OLD SCIENTIFIC SHIT IN THE QUR'AN. When the science is "against" them they deny it! And when the science is "with" them they accept it!

Like the one where the Qur'an says that iron came from outer space. "How could Mahmoud possibly know that a stunning 1400 years ago before modern science?" Well he fucking didn't. It was knowledge taken from the ancient Egyptians, they knew about it around 5000 years ago because they harvested iron from meteorites. And I'm pretty sure you can see meteoroids (meteorites before impact) falling from outer space/the sky. So there goes one scientific "miracle" to hell. Also note that it wasn't God's words. It was ancient Egyptians knawwledge implemented into the Qur'an.
[source: http://www.nature.com/news/iron-in-egypt...ce-1.13091]

"But, what about when the Qur'an mentions the BIG BANG!?" Actually the Qur'an wasn't first. The Sumerians were, it was a sumerian creation story (didn't represent the Big Bang fyi, just misinterpreted). So the people who wrote the Qur'an thought this made sense and implemented it into the Qur'an. 
[source: http://nautil.us/issue/17/big-bangs/the-...tion-story]

"Hold on, the Qur'an says that the our Earth is spherical, explain that!" Yeah, thanks to Pythagoras around 500 B.C. an ancient greek mathematician and philosophor had the brains to calculate it/know it, so, yeah. It was possible before modern science. Here again the writers of the Qur'an took knowledge from others and implemented it. Scientific "miracle"? Nope.
[source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoras] (CTRL+F search: spherical)

And don't even mention the embryo. It was also taken from the ancient greeks. They had theories on it, Aristotle studied it and even gave accurate description to the embryo development of a hound shark.
[source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristotle] (CTRL+F search: embryo)

What about when the Qur'an mentions that the moon doesn't shine, but reflects the sunlight? How could Mahmodi have known that? Yet again, taken from the ancient greeks.
Anaxagoras knew that the moon reflected didn't shine and reflected light around 500 B.C
[source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaxagoras] (CTRL+F search: moon)

And before you ask how could Muhammed have had access to all this knowledge. Well if you didn't skip school, or at least made your research then you would have known around the times the Qur'an was written or modified, the arabic empire was huge. It stretched out very far, and they were great at trading since they made their own silver coins, which became more and more common. They had many universities filled with ancient greek knowledge, they had even learnt a lot from the Indians, including mathematics, medicine etc. And all the knowledge they've taken has been in their reach: Mesopotamia, ancient Greece, Sumer etc. Coincidence?

Also I advise you to search for something that you're skeptical about with debunked at the end. E.g "Scientific miracles debunked"

Keep in mind the last paragraph wasn't directed towards you.

Best regards,  FSM Grin
RE: Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)?
The fact that the earth is spherical was known by mathematicians looong before the Quran was written. Eratosthenes even calculated its diameter relatively precisely using the length of shadows at different locations in 200something BC. That already tells you the level of intellectual rigor of these clowns.
The first verse is so vague that one cannot claim that it refers to the big bang. Living things were most definitely not made from water, so that is just plain wrong.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 17, 2016 at 6:54 am)Alex K Wrote: The fact that the earth is spherical was known by mathematicians looong before the Quran was written. Eratosthenes even calculated its diameter relatively precisely using the length of shadows at different locations in 200something BC. That already tells you the level of intellectual rigor of these clowns.
The first verse is so vague that one cannot claim that it refers to the big bang. Living things were most definitely not made from water, so that is just plain wrong.

If I remember correctly the Qur'an was wrong on the embryo's description and it resembled an ancient greek theory very much.
Just about any time I see a thread where science supposedly confirms what's in a holy book, it's when someone is using the interpretation of a passage to mean something it almost certainly does not. Expand does not mean spherical. Separating the heavens from the earth does not mean big bang. Just like in the bible, "let there be light" does not mean big bang either.

Taking what is common knowledge, and retroactively interpreting ancient scripture to fit, doesn't mean a book predicted it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 17, 2016 at 4:05 am)despair1 Wrote: Hi everyone! First time poster here. I consider myself to be agnostic; I was born in a muslim family , but I abandoned my faith in my early 20's, alhtough I had been a skeptic ever since my teenage. Because when I heard all the Islamic stories in my text books, I just found them stupid. 

Anyways my question here is regarding some verses of Quran. Just recently, I was watching Zakir Naik's debate with an atheist. The atheist asked how do you know the Quran is word of God; he replied that because there is science in Quran that the modern scientists have come to know about very recently,but it was mentioned in Quran recently, and then Zakir Naik quoted the following verses;

21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? 

And the following verse he claims that tell us that earth is spherical:
79:30 And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse); (I do realize that Zakir Naik is just a showman; and that this verse does not say earth is spherical)

And then he mentions there is genetics, embryology etc in the Quran that science came to know about recently but was mentioned in Quran 1400 years ago.

So will someone please refute the above verses and refute any other so called scientific verses that Muslim apologists claim to be contained in Quran or Hadith

Regards

Refute any other scientific verses?  That task would take probably a year to do and you would probably lose your sanity by spending so much time researching the primitive retarded logic used to conclude there these verses are scientific.

I'll show you the most stupid scientific verse claim I've seen and refute that, because it will show you that these people who come up with these scientific verses make them out of ANY VERSE.

Yes, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers. (Qur'an, 75:4)

This verse you can find on the miracle of the quran website so I'm not just making this up.

This verse shows that the quran predicted the importance of fingerprints how they're unique.  The verse doesn't actually say the word fingerprints, it doesn't say they are unique.  If it did that wouldn't matter anyway, some civilizations before the quran did place some importance on fingerprints and their uniqueness.  Tongue prints are also unique but obviously they aren't used for practical reasons in standard police work to identify people with.

The verse in full context is just talking about how god will put people's bodies back together to bring them back to live, it asks does man not think that we can reproduce his bones?  We can even reproduce the tips of his fingers.  So definitely not saying that all fingerprints are unique.

You can make your own scientific verses up as Muslims on this forum sometimes do.  If the quran uses a word and that same word is used in something remotely scientific then it's a miracle.  If it says fingertips then it's predicting fingerprint identification technology.  
We have one on this forum now where the quran mentions fluid therefore it's predicting the fluidity of the universe.

With the big bang prediction the people who claim this is a scientific verse need to specifically identify what the words mean.  If heaven means universe then the Earth hasn't been separated from the universe, we're inside it.  The quran says the heavens and the earth are separated, cleaved apart, torn asunder.  I don't think the earth has ever been cleaved apart from the universe.

And you answered the earth being round miracle yourself, it doesn't mention that in the quran.  I've heard it says in the quran the earth was rolled out, evened out, made egg shaped with no reference to which egg.  This covers a lot of shapes and isn't specific enough to be a miracle.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: C anyone please refute these verses of Quran...
You may find this video collection useful and interesting: The Islam Miracle (The #1 site for debunking 'science' and 'proof' in the Quran). Whilst I can't say I've watched their whole playlist - because I haven't - I'm sure you'll find something in there to drive a stake through the idiot Naik's childish drivel.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 17, 2016 at 4:05 am)despair1 Wrote: 21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? 

That's an easy one. The Earth is not outside of our universe and has an atmosphere. So the Earth cannot be separated from the "heavens" regardless of whether the word heavens is taken to mean the atmosphere of the Earth or our universe as a whole. To be separate from the heavens means to be outside of our universe, which may or may not be impossible (still waiting on cosmologists for the answer to that).

Quote:He claims that above verse mentions big bang.

He has a vivid imagination.
Nothing to refute here.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3315 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1250 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11156 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4607 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The brazen bull in the Quran? WinterHold 37 4769 March 7, 2020 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Reading the bible: please help! ignoramus 71 14831 October 8, 2018 at 1:52 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 16735 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dark matter kicks ass again. Please watch. ignoramus 3 923 June 4, 2018 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9026 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8532 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray