Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A real tweet I just got from a Drumpf supporter...
A real tweet I just got from a Drumpf supporter...
If one wants to argue that the allies shouldn't have left Germany to rot after WW1, which is why Hitler was ripe to rise having the ability to prey upon desperate people, that would be a better argument. But, here is what this sicko posted. So basically Hitler was justified in murdering 6 million Jews and causing the deaths of 50 million humans worldwide? 

User Actions
  Follow

@Brianrrs37 Jews backstabbed germany in ww1 & cost them the war & crippled their economy thus your scapegoat comment is WRONG.

I
RE: A real tweet I just got from a Drumpf supporter...
Not that you think this guy had an original thought. He's just parroting 98 year old rightwinger lies Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 18, 2016 at 8:51 am)Alex K Wrote: Not that you think this guy had an original thought. He's just parroting 98 year old rightwinger lies Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth

The thing is, even if I agreed WW1 was the fault of the Jews, which is utter bullshit, it still would not justify in the slightest what Hitler did in scapegoating them and murdering them in WW2. And even today, it is certainly within reason to blame the Muslims of 9/11 and even the oppressive theocracies in the Middle East, but blanket scapegoating of any group of any label is dangerous.

No entire group of any race or religion should be put through mass incarceration or genocide, it is simply inhumane.
I'm trying to figure out the basis of his premise. I thought WW1 was a battle between empires over the economic and physical domination of Europe and certain world resources, ending in the repression of the losing side by the winning empires.

What the hell could the Jews have possibly done?
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

They were sneaky.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 18, 2016 at 2:12 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: I'm trying to figure out the basis of his premise. I thought WW1 was a battle between empires over the economic and physical domination of Europe and certain world resources, ending in the repression of the losing side by the winning empires.

All the main protagonists were related, so it was basically a family feud that got a bit out of hand.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 18, 2016 at 2:12 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: I'm trying to figure out the basis of his premise. I thought WW1 was a battle between empires over the economic and physical domination of Europe and certain world resources, ending in the repression of the losing side by the winning empires.

It was a battle of empires. The last imperial war, so to say. And as such entirely useless on either side, other than to destroy the old order to make WWII possible.

And I take issue with the Germans being held responsible. We were the ones starting it, however ill prepared. The Germans just tagged along.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Well as Howard on Big Bang said, "We've being trying to figure that out forever", or something like that.

Now in reality, I do think today's leadership of Israel is as right wing and warmongering as Dick Cheney and I do think that they are lead by the wrong leaders. And I do think their right wing Jews are far removed from the oppression of the Jews of WW2. 

But the west's response to 9/11 was overkill and we ended up being very cruel in certain contexts as a response. Point being if we want to learn from the Holocaust as a species, then we also have to include Native Americans, Japanese Internment camps, blacks and slavery AND Muslims. It isn't that you don't criticize or offend, but that you never get to thinking blanket solutions work. 

When it comes to being a victim or aggressor everything has to be case by case and in the western world, even morso it has to be an individual judgment.
(April 18, 2016 at 2:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Now in reality, I do think today's leadership of Israel is as right wing and warmongering as Dick Cheney and I do think that they are lead by the wrong leaders. And I do think their right wing Jews are far removed from the oppression of the Jews of WW2. 

The current leadership of Israel is as abyssmal as they get, but it will be a cold day in hell if I go on blaming it on the whole jewish people or Israel. I just dislike their government and the idiots electing them.

I'm no cannibal, after all and my jewish ancestry, while not being as strong as all the other ingredients from our former empire, plays some role in that. We have been persecuted by primitives after all. For the idiocy, your twitter correspondent offered.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 18, 2016 at 2:30 pm)abaris Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 2:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Now in reality, I do think today's leadership of Israel is as right wing and warmongering as Dick Cheney and I do think that they are lead by the wrong leaders. And I do think their right wing Jews are far removed from the oppression of the Jews of WW2. 

The current leadership of Israel is as abyssmal as they get, but it will be a cold day in hell if I go on blaming it on the whole jewish people or Israel. I just dislike their government and the idiots electing them.

I'm no cannibal, after all and my jewish ancestry, while not being as strong as all the other ingredients from our former empire, plays some role in that. We have been persecuted by primitives after all. For the idiocy, your twitter correspondent offered.

Oh yea I totally agree, as much as I hate Netenfuckhu it still would not mean I want millions of people harmed because I don't like him.

It needs to be said though, outside of labels, our species is very tribal, our downside far too much is that when we perceive a threat, we have a tendency to turn to the biggest guy on the block to protect us, much like a alpha male chimp. 

It still remains we are the same species and no, I do not like everything Israel's government does, but I also at the same time am NOT willing to lump Malala in with the likes of Bin Ladin in response. It still remains you CAN go after bad ideas, and bad behaviors and still treat everything as case by case.

Now I don't mean the following in the same context she did, but the following quote does reflect what I know my species has in them if they chose. 

Ann Frank has a quote I love and the insight is astounding considering when she wrote it, " 'In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. "

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dang I Got the Virus LinuxGal 1 485 December 20, 2022 at 10:27 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Gas and Go smoke em if you got em. Taxes. Brian37 25 1772 October 12, 2021 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Marxism, what you got? Spongebob 237 11170 August 31, 2021 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  I got a Stimulus check. Brian37 51 2378 August 5, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 929 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Early Trump supporter Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY) arrested for insider trading Aegon 1 360 August 11, 2018 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Orange Shitgibbon Got Played Minimalist 2 422 July 31, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Looks Like The WLB Got Hoodwinked Minimalist 53 5879 June 14, 2018 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Are you a Trump supporter? Edwardo Piet 66 7623 April 17, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A WLB Supporter And Every Bit As Big A Pig Minimalist 1 460 January 12, 2018 at 4:15 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy