Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics forum.
Politics forum.
Does anyone else feel like this forum is becoming more of a liberal politics forum rather than an atheist forum?

Atheists do tend to be more liberal anyway so it would make sense that political views on here would lean that way.

But there seems to be less and less religious discussions on here while we have about 100 threads just dedicated to making fun of Donald Trump or other republicans.

I'm not offended by this as I'm not a republican and I'm from the UK so I haven't even been following the Donald Trump campaign.  I didn't even know what a liberal or conservative was before I came to this forum to be honest and different threads tend to make me lean different ways.  I've seen extreme liberal threads and extreme right wing threads on here that have made me realize more what it's all about but I definitely wouldn't align myself with either side.

Have the numbers of religious debates decreased and political debates increased or is it just my imagination? Are there less religious people on here now?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Politics forum.
It's an election year in the U.S. and here, the Republican Party is heavily aligned with the religious right - those who seek to ram their religion down other people's throats. So atheism and liberal politics are a natural mix here.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Well this is an Atheists forum, but I wouldn't think we'd talk about religion all the time. There's other things to talk about too. Atheists who have other shared interests like talking about other things than God. I imagine this forum would be quite dead if all anyone ever talked about was Religion. Just my two cents.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Good grief.  Is there any subject duller than the non-existent god and/or his deluded idiot followers?
Purely the outcome of being nowhere near the end of what seems like a decade long political cycle.

It's an election year in America. There's a lot on the line with this one.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
What about the transsexual thread? Political or religious? Both actually, since religious bigots have chosen to make it a political issue. Same is true for many threads on this board.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Like which puppet the same puppet masters will choose this time around!
Or am I being too cynical again?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hay guyz. Check out that Ronald Dump. He's such a weiner isn't he?

That was corny.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of gender/breadwinners/ and politics. Brian37 0 393 January 21, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dumping friends over politics or religion J a c k 115 11249 February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Thal
  Politics and students Terry 2 889 January 10, 2013 at 9:32 am
Last Post: Annik