Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mechwarrior 4 mercenaries
mechwarrior 4 mercenaries
This is such a fun game and it's freeware now along with vengeance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2mAh9EsWg
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: mechwarrior 4 mercenaries
One of my favorite games of all time. In the wake of Titanfall, I had really hoped for a MW5 with modern visuals.

I was blown away, 15 years ago, at the graphics on MW4, and the gameplay. It's time for a BattleTech games update!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 22, 2016 at 1:20 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: One of my favorite games of all time. In the wake of Titanfall, I had really hoped for a MW5 with modern visuals.

I was blown away, 15 years ago, at the graphics on MW4, and the gameplay. It's time for a BattleTech games update!

I know there was issues with the fact that battle tech and mech designs was one of the factors keeping it from moving forward. 
Last time i checked there is a active battle tech game on kickstarter. MechWarrior online is just... terrible it really is 
in some aspects a pay to win sort of game. I found a copy a vengeance and its expansions so ill be playing that as well as mercenaries.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
BattleTech has such a rich universe in which to tell (interactive) stories, and a great many of the aspects of BTech tabletop remain unexplored, largely. Infantry fights (which Titanfall introduced) alongside the 'Mechs and tanks... but there are also aerospace fighters, VTOLs, hovercraft, power-armor, artillery, and so on.

It would be more than possible to do a "gritty realism" version, akin to Battlefield or Call of Duty, which included the full range of BTech stuff (even if several of the 'Mechs can't be included in the official release because of copyright issues) and told some of the amazing stories that make up the fiction-canon in a way that we could play through. It would be even more awesome on the scale of something like EVE Online.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 22, 2016 at 2:13 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: BattleTech has such a rich universe in which to tell (interactive) stories, and a great many of the aspects of BTech tabletop remain unexplored, largely. Infantry fights (which Titanfall introduced) alongside the 'Mechs and tanks... but there are also aerospace fighters, VTOLs, hovercraft, power-armor, artillery, and so on.

It would be more than possible to do a "gritty realism" version, akin to Battlefield or Call of Duty, which included the full range of BTech stuff (even if several of the 'Mechs can't be included in the official release because of copyright issues) and told some of the amazing stories that make up the fiction-canon in a way that we could play through. It would be even more awesome on the scale of something like EVE Online.

Battle Tech and Mechwarrior is one of the few reasons why i picked up game programming. I would like to see a mech warrior game with all the aspects of battle tech included. 
A hybrid RTS/FPS.

Code:
(April 22, 2016 at 2:31 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 2:13 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: BattleTech has such a rich universe in which to tell (interactive) stories, and a great many of the aspects of BTech tabletop remain unexplored, largely. Infantry fights (which Titanfall introduced) alongside the 'Mechs and tanks... but there are also aerospace fighters, VTOLs, hovercraft, power-armor, artillery, and so on.

Battle Tech and Mechwarrior is one of the few reasons why i picked up game programming. I would like to see a mech warrior game with all the aspects of battle tech included. 
A hybrid RTS/FPS.

Lord Kurita, help me, I'm already picturing a space battle as a cluster of Dropships detaches from the JumpShips/WarShips that brought them into the targeted system, fights its way through a swarm of AeroSpace Fighters, and down to a hot LZ planetside... the ship gets hit mid-atmosphere, and your 'Mechs on board are ejected for a combat drop into the LZ... you touch down in your Raven, kilometers from the intended objective, and through the static, you're told to link up with a nearby mechanized infantry unit to press into the city to the west, which you'll do as soon as you and your lancemates have finished off the star of Elementals you landed among. Oooops, right after the AeroSpace Fighters make a strafing run against your position, that is. Luckily, the mechanized unit has a Partisan flak tank with it, and one of the fighers goes down after doing minimal damage to you. Time to move out!

(Seriously, my pulse is racing a little bit, just imagining that!)

(April 22, 2016 at 12:43 pm)dyresand Wrote: This is such a fun game and it's freeware now along with vengeance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2mAh9EsWg

I loved this game, busted a congtroller on that. I liked Mad Cats I & II, Different payloads, sure, but it had a 'clan' feel.
(April 22, 2016 at 2:47 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 2:31 pm)dyresand Wrote: Battle Tech and Mechwarrior is one of the few reasons why i picked up game programming. I would like to see a mech warrior game with all the aspects of battle tech included. 
A hybrid RTS/FPS.

Lord Kurita, help me, I'm already picturing a space battle as a cluster of Dropships detaches from the JumpShips/WarShips that brought them into the targeted system, fights its way through a swarm of AeroSpace Fighters, and down to a hot LZ planetside... the ship gets hit mid-atmosphere, and your 'Mechs on board are ejected for a combat drop into the LZ... you touch down in your Raven, kilometers from the intended objective, and through the static, you're told to link up with a nearby mechanized infantry unit to press into the city to the west, which you'll do as soon as you and your lancemates have finished off the star of Elementals you landed among. Oooops, right after the AeroSpace Fighters make a strafing run against your position, that is. Luckily, the mechanized unit has a Partisan flak tank with it, and one of the fighers goes down after doing minimal damage to you. Time to move out!

(Seriously, my pulse is racing a little bit, just imagining that!)

There is a few engines that could do that off the top of my head UE4, crysis, unity and some others. I would like to work on a game like that.

Code:
For the rest of you, this is a BattleMech, or just plain 'Mech, fighting power armor, though not Elementals:

[Image: r169_457x257_14760_Old_mech_warrior_2d_s...al_art.jpg]

This is a WarShip of House Kurita (the dragon symbol on the solar collector) surrounded by AeroSpace fighters and about to launch a DropShip (the bubble on its side; they are egg-shaped, mostly) full of 'Mechs:

[Image: jumpship_by_shortpainter-d4xlc5f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MechWarrior Online Annik 5 1643 April 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Mystic