Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Spending $1 Million on Social Media Trolls
Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Spending $1 Million on Social Media Trolls
USCUT article.

Quote:"A Super PAC headed by a longtime Clinton operative is spending $1 million to hire online trolls to “correct” Bernie Sanders’ supporters on social media."

Why would Hillary need to do this? Does she not have enough ground troops? She knows people aren't enthusiastic about her so she has to pay them to pretend to be enthusiastic.

Quote:

Quote:"Correct The Record (CTR), which is operated by Clinton attack dog and new owner of Blue Nation Review David Brock, launched a new initiative this week called “Barrier Breakers 2016” for the purpose of debating supporters of Senator Bernie Sanders — or “Bernie Bros,” as they’re referred to in Correct the Record’s press official release — on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and other social media platforms."

RE: Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Spending $1 Million on Social Media Trolls
Well, Clinton had to do something about social media, because she was getting crushed by Sanders in that arena. She's struggling with young people, so it makes sense she would try to focus on the Internet.

As for the underhanded tactics, nothing would surprise me with her. She'd probably step over her dead mother to get elected.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Damn, look at that cash we missed out on!
My check bounced . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Haven't checked the link yet, but maybe Hillary has nothing to do with this herself. Super PACs can support a candidate without ever having their permission.
Hillary has no control over what a super PAC does.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(April 25, 2016 at 8:36 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Hillary has no control over what a super PAC does.

Are you sure about that? I will quote further down in the article. Here is the link the below except talks about: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ce=twitter

Quote:Libby Watson of the Sunlight Foundation told the Daily Beast on Thursday that FEC loopholes allow the Hillary Clinton campaign and David Brock’s Super PAC to coordinate with one another, despite the Citizens United vs. FEC Supreme Court decision prohibiting a Super PAC’s independent expenditures from going directly toward a particular candidate.

(April 25, 2016 at 8:17 pm)Irrational Wrote: Haven't checked the link yet, but maybe Hillary has nothing to do with this herself. Super PACs can support a candidate without ever having their permission.
You think Hilary won't exploit election law loopholes?

I quite the Daily Beast article:
Quote:“SuperPACs aren’t supposed to coordinate with candidates. The whole reasoning behind (Supreme Court decision) Citizens United rests on (PACs) being independent, but Correct the Record claims it can coordinate,” Watson told The Daily Beast. “It’s not totally clear what their reasoning is, but it seems to be that material posted on the Internet for free—like, blogs—doesn’t count as an ‘independent expenditure.’”

The Clintons started the birther rumor against Obama. They are professional liars.
(April 26, 2016 at 2:15 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote:
(April 25, 2016 at 8:36 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Hillary has no control over what a super PAC does.

Are you sure about that? I will quote further down in the article. Here is the link the below except talks about: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ce=twitter

Quote:Libby Watson of the Sunlight Foundation told the Daily Beast on Thursday that FEC loopholes allow the Hillary Clinton campaign and David Brock’s Super PAC to coordinate with one another, despite the Citizens United vs. FEC Supreme Court decision prohibiting a Super PAC’s independent expenditures from going directly toward a particular candidate.

(April 25, 2016 at 8:17 pm)Irrational Wrote: Haven't checked the link yet, but maybe Hillary has nothing to do with this herself. Super PACs can support a candidate without ever having their permission.
You think Hilary won't exploit election law loopholes?

I quite the Daily Beast article:
Quote:“SuperPACs aren’t supposed to coordinate with candidates. The whole reasoning behind (Supreme Court decision) Citizens United rests on (PACs) being independent, but Correct the Record claims it can coordinate,” Watson told The Daily Beast. “It’s not totally clear what their reasoning is, but it seems to be that material posted on the Internet for free—like, blogs—doesn’t count as an ‘independent expenditure.’”

Not saying she wouldn't, only that it doesn't necessarily mean she will. I'm not a fan of Hillary at all, and I'm hoping for a miraculous win for Sanders, but just trying to be objective here.

By the way, I thought SuperPACs can coordinate with candidates. They just can't directly fund their campaigns. But I don't know all of the rules regarding SuperPACs.
We are already seeing the effects of these trolls as Clinton uses the sorts of strategies we expect from authoritarian government: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mwWbmonhPvw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 592 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 361 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3056 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2221 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3222 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Pro voter tips. Gawdzilla Sama 0 163 October 21, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2215 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Social Security and wealth. Brian37 20 1119 July 9, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2045 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Elizabeth Warren Flips on Super PACs Secular Elf 4 445 March 4, 2020 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: brewer