Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter 1916 Rising
Easter 1916 Rising
Since the anniversary of 1916 was only a few days away, I thought we might commemorate our favorite leaders of the rising.

Any takers?
RE: Easter 1916 Rising
-removed-
I had never heard of the Easter Rising until just now. So, I don't really have a favorite leader.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Pearse. I'd add more, but the Rising is causing trouble in my Fenian arse. Off to the jacks...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've heard of it, and I think we studied it in history when I was in school, but I can't remember the names of the leaders.
Dying to live, living to die.
That's about Ireland and the Irish uprising, isn't it? I doubt you will find many takers apart from Irish members.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
-removed-
(April 28, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(April 28, 2016 at 4:27 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I've heard of it, and I think we studied it in history when I was in school, but I can't remember the names of the leaders.

Scumbags not worth remembering anyway.

Yeah, buncha scumbags who had the audacity to take up arms against an illegal force of occupation that tried to starve them out of existence.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Can't argue with nationalists. As far as reason goes nationalists have a big fat error 404 sign attached. And I may add that I find it curious who's assuming nationalist and rightwinger positions, given their personal situation, strictly going by post record.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Thanks to my siss's genealogy work, I've only recently started appreciating my Irishnessism.

LOL, it sure explains a lot, don't it ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Land of the rising sanity. Brian37 8 974 February 4, 2021 at 7:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The annual 'Origin of Easter' thread Foxaèr 18 3203 April 21, 2019 at 7:23 am
Last Post: Duty