Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender specific bibles?
Gender specific bibles?
So I came across a photo of a bible for boys and sure enough the same company published one for girls. Upon further investigation I learned that each is written in a way to appeal to it's intended audience. The same goes for the covers: [Image: NIV-Girls-and-Boys-Bibles_1024.jpg]

Thoughts?
"In three words I can sum up everything about life: it goes on."- Robert Frost
RE: Gender specific bibles?
A last, desperate attempt to hook our youth to the addiction of religion in an ever more secular society?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(April 29, 2016 at 10:48 am)KevinM1 Wrote: A last, desperate attempt to hook our youth to the addiction of religion in an ever more secular society?

I know right silly christians these days. 

See the bible isn't so bad look we made cherry picked versions of it. One for you Tommy and one for you Marry see the bible and
religion is cool Big Grin.  

yeah no not its not.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Children stories fit well with the bible.

The hunger games- the story of feeding the 5000
The maze runner-the story of being lost for 40 years in a relatively small patch of land.
Catching fire-the talking bush thing
The wizard of OZ- an all powerful being who is actually a man made construct

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 29, 2016 at 12:29 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Children stories fit well with the bible.

The hunger games- the story of feeding the 5000
The maze runner-the story of being lost for 40 years in a relatively small patch of land.
Catching fire-the talking bush thing
The wizard of OZ- an all powerful being who is actually a man made construct

Jesus: Are You There God? It's Me/You
My eldest granddaughter has the FaithGirlz version. She got it as a birthday gift from her other grandparents. Let's just say that I get "World's Best Grandma" mugs, while the other grandma gets a birdhouse.
I had a bible aimed at teen girls when I was growing up. It had a lot of inserts about boys and dating and friend drama and all the stuff they think teen girls need godly advice about.
(April 29, 2016 at 10:45 am)NaughtyButNice Wrote: Thoughts?
Genesis 1:1 So, like, in the beginning, God, like, totally, created the heavens and the earth.
*Copyright 1983
Dear God in heaven, anyone even thinks about touching either of those fucking abominations is going to BURN BURN BURN in fucking hell forever !!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My son (my oldest granddaughters' dad) said about it: "I thought they'd at least take the misogynistic parts out, but then I realized it'd be blank"

My granddaughter said it's lame, and tried leaving it at her grandparents house. She told her dad that it's like a textbook that tries to be 'cool', but is just 'lame'. Personally I don't think it's appropriate for an 11 year old to have a bible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10647 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
  Florida schools ban Bibles Mister Agenda 19 3265 February 27, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  i noticed this with the bibles authors dyresand 0 946 January 29, 2015 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  vague or specific paulpablo 9 2390 January 7, 2013 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Bibles in Hotel Rooms Thor 73 21835 October 16, 2010 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist