Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alleged Weasel heroically sacrifices himself to stop LHC
Alleged Weasel heroically sacrifices himself to stop LHC
What it says in the headline...

Poor thing was turned into charcoal.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Alleged Weasel heroically sacrifices himself to stop LHC
IIRC, the beam energy has been compared to an artillery shell.

Surprised just charcoal.  I wudda thought 'reduced to a glowing fog of atoms, er, subatomic particles' would have been the result.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It wasn't caught in the beam Smile
It just chewed on a power line...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Oh, found a reference.

Critter chewed a power cable. Hell, we've had squirrels get zapped here on the power pole, and charcoal is a pretty good descriptive.

I suppose it matters little to the weasel if it was a power cable or the full flux of the accelerator . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

ninja, OK, thanx.

Probably not much of a difference.. Well, the full beam would have probably instantly vaporized it.

and then some

blasted into another dimension wouldn't have been too much of a surprise

Are we still saying "alleged" even though we know that fucking weasel is guilty as shit?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
"squirted out of our universe like a watermelon seed"

I'll bet it was a Christian fundamentalist weasel, trying to stop the advance of unGodly science.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LHC rainbow universe dyresand 9 1874 October 22, 2017 at 9:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  First collisions at the LHC with unprecedented Energy! (Ask a particle physisicist) Alex K 385 55242 August 8, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: Alex K
  LHC Weasel defense - play the exciting browser game Alex K 2 1065 May 4, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  LHC News - New particle found dyresand 0 971 July 14, 2015 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  LHC starting up again Alex K 54 7782 April 7, 2015 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  STOP THE BUS I WANT TO WEE WEE (stop time?) Mark 13:13 41 13908 January 10, 2013 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Will the LHC find the 'God' Particle? CoxRox 11 4784 August 3, 2012 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Remembering Roger Boisjoly: He Tried To Stop Shuttle Challenger Launch orogenicman 2 1727 February 7, 2012 at 2:33 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  "How I Learned To Stop Worrying About the Origin of the Cosmos" orogenicman 0 1294 April 16, 2011 at 6:59 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  First lead-lead collisions at the LHC theVOID 11 2426 November 9, 2010 at 7:33 am
Last Post: leo-rcc