Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientific Studies
Scientific Studies
Watching 'Last Week Tonight" I thought I would post his bit on science and interpretation.

You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
RE: Scientific Studies
I saw that on my Facebook feed. Came --><-- this close to posting it.

John Oliver is brilliant. Loved their little pseudoscience show at the end.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(May 10, 2016 at 10:26 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Loved their little pseudoscience show at the end.
Pretty much real, unfortunately.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

-- The Rev Lovejoy
Oliver is brilliant.
Definitely an excellent replacement for John Stewart.
-- Homer Simpson

-- Ned Flanders

-- The Rev Lovejoy
(May 10, 2016 at 10:31 pm)IATIA Wrote: Definitely an excellent replacement for John Stewart.

No comparison.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

They won't let me watch it in my country.
I read a study where persons with "lillte" or "lunch" in their name were 67% less likely access to videos.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 11, 2016 at 7:34 am)Little lunch Wrote: They won't let me watch it in my country.

Try Hola

https://hola.org/
I just jumped directly to YouTube and watched it?
I keep forgetting also that I can always use my VPN and connect to any country first.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientific/objective purpose of human species, may be to replicate universes blue grey brain 6 1016 November 25, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: unfogged
  Intelligent Design as a scientific theory? SuperSentient 26 5941 March 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
Exclamation Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over? theBorg 26 4529 August 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Questioning Scientific Titans ScepticOrganism 19 3024 July 1, 2016 at 11:56 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The scientific version of good and bad Detective L Ryuzaki 15 5071 August 31, 2015 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Scientific Adam and Eve Won2blv 52 14061 June 22, 2015 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Scientific arguments for eating Organic/non-GMO food? CapnAwesome 15 4118 June 10, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Question About the Scientific Method ThePinsir 14 3552 April 4, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Republicans Introduces Bill To Require Political Approval Of Scientific Papers Gooders1002 18 6328 May 7, 2013 at 6:11 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Sir Isaac Newton Time life said he was the greatest scientific thinker of our time franca 2 2286 October 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Jackalope