Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humans in Florida in 14,500 BC
Humans in Florida in 14,500 BC
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/remarkab...ida-river/

Quote:Researchers who dove hundreds of times into a sinkhole beneath the brown murky waters of Florida’s Aucilla River have retrieved some of the oldest evidence of human presence in the Americas including stone tools apparently used to butcher a mastodon.

Scientists said on Friday the tools, animal bones and mastodon tusk found at the site showed that people already had occupied the American Southeast by 14,550 years ago, about 1,500 years earlier than previously known.

It's a long way from the Pacific NW to Florida.
RE: Humans in Florida in 14,500 BC
But the rivers are in your favor all the way down to Nawlins.
Jesus, and I thought the goddam bugs in Florida were awful; a fucking mastodon ?

SHEESH !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Exactly...and that's why everyone in (or from) FL has a gun.  Mastadons and mosquitoes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Flying cockroaches too.

Blech.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 13, 2016 at 7:25 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote: But the rivers are in your favor all the way down to Nawlins.

Once you get over the Rockies....I suppose.
Oops.

He could duel with a fire department at the county fair, if you catch my drift . . .

(May 13, 2016 at 7:44 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Flying [swimming/climbing/burrowing/indestructible] cockroaches too.

Blech.

FTFY. Also..."Palmetto Bugs" - not cockroaches...they'll fly away with your dog. Calling them "cockroaches" gives yankees the wrong idea.......lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think a lot of anthropologists assume humans spread rapidly throughout North America by following a combination of pre-historic migrating animal herds and rivers. However, since humans were present as far south as Patagonia by 10,000BC at the very latest (some evidence suggests it might have even been by 12,000BC) , it makes sense that they were probably in North and Central America much earlier than we've thought.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(May 13, 2016 at 7:43 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Exactly...and that's why everyone in (or from) FL has a gun.  Mastadons and mosquitoes.

Yeah, but I bet if you're a real pro, you could train a Mastodon to be your pet or something. Train it to eat all those palmetto bugs.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NASA is launching humans again Fake Messiah 34 2848 May 27, 2020 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  How humans are still evolving I_am_not_mafia 26 3029 June 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Penguins the Size of Humans (Fossils found) The Valkyrie 22 3697 February 23, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Humans - Are we really unique? Napoléon 24 7164 July 14, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Study suggests that Neandertals shared speech and language with modern humans Minimalist 13 6374 July 10, 2013 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Full Circle
  Humans in S America 22000 Years Ago? thesummerqueen 29 13102 May 13, 2013 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Archaic Humans in China Minimalist 1 1269 March 19, 2012 at 7:20 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Modern Humans in Britain 40,000+ years ago Minimalist 10 2926 November 3, 2011 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman