Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women
Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women
Have you ever noticed that when theists defend their deity they sound very much like abused women?

“I know you think he’s no good, but you just don’t know him like I do. See, there’s this little boy in him who comes out every third Saturday and just wants to be loved.”

“He wouldn’t treat me like this if he knew how much I loved him.”

Now guys, can you understand why god is so shitty toward his own people? Would you be nice to a woman who acted like this? Think about the woman you’re married to now. She wouldn’t stand for this shit. So maybe if the Bride of Christ put her foot down, Yahweh would get his shit together, too.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women
Yes, some people have compared it to an abusive relationship. Special pleading, all day and night. If it was anyone else, he'd be considered evil, but because it's Jesus/Yahweh, it's ok. Because reasons. Well, mostly because he's too powerful for someone to bitch slap him and make him behave.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Interesting.

I always thought they were just fucking stupid.
[Image: billbored.gif]

As usual, nothing to see here...
(May 13, 2016 at 8:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Interesting.

I always thought they were just fucking stupid.

well, some are.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

Ha ha...Maybe more along the lines of Katherine Jackson justifying Joe Jackson's tough love: 
"Michael, hush! Everything your Daddy's done, he's done for y'all kids...Everything. Everything!"
Yeah, Stockholm Syndrome has come up frequently after listening to some theists.

Christian apologists seem to spend a lot of time explaining why we deserve whatever we get, and that we should be grateful for any reprieve or show of kindness between the beatings.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 14, 2016 at 1:52 am)robvalue Wrote: Yeah, Stockholm Syndrome has come up frequently after listening to some theists.

Christian apologists seem to spend a lot of time explaining why we deserve whatever we get, and that we should be grateful for any reprieve or show of kindness between the beatings.

It's a cycle of insanity. They start with that crazy shit in the By-Bill and try to explain it. The more they try to explain it, the more they betray how crazy it sounds. Than they have to explain it more making it more crazier. Then they tell us that the fact that it sounds crazy is proof that it came from god because if we could understand it with our brains it would not be profound enough. AAaargh!

--Voltaire

(May 13, 2016 at 7:55 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Have you ever noticed that when theists defend their deity they sound very much like abused women?

Abusive parent might be the more correct term. Which culminated in Drich's abysmal thread on beating children. That's what many of evangelicals believe. I beat you within an inch of your life because it's for your own good. Tough love.

Evangelicals, because to my knowledge they're the only ones not yet accepting the age of enlightenment and the general rules of human decency. Also because they're the only ones putting much stock in the OT. All the other denominations or derivates thereoff, rather subscribe to humanism, and I have no problems with their kind of belief.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 14, 2016 at 10:08 am)abaris Wrote:
(May 13, 2016 at 7:55 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Have you ever noticed that when theists defend their deity they sound very much like abused women?

Abusive parent might be the more correct term. Which culminated in Drich's abysmal thread on beating children. That's what many of evangelicals believe. I beat you within an inch of your life because it's for your own good. Tough love.

Evangelicals, because to my knowledge they're the only ones not yet accepting the age of enlightenment and the general rules of human decency. Also because they're the only ones putting much stock in the OT. All the other denominations or derivates thereoff, rather subscribe to humanism, and I have no problems with their kind of belief.
Yes, that is another way of looking at it. Christians look at their god as both a parent and a husband. I've always wondered if there might be an etymological connection between husband and husbandry.

I agree, not all Christians act like the ones we see here at AF. I am fortunate to live in a town where the Christians believe god wants them to be kind to others. It would serve no purpose for me to disabuse them.

I hadn't read the Drich thread. Speaking of Drich, I was just over there with Steelcurtain and them talking about ass gaskets. Those papers they provide to cover public toilet seats. So Drich is an ass gasket for god.

--Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1955 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89282 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2127 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8324 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4332 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4429 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  CATHOLICS, heads up if you were abused by your priest!...... 21stCenturyIconoclast 110 15233 January 12, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Girls drugged and abused at church-run home zebo-the-fat 20 2588 July 17, 2016 at 6:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9293 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  How can women be Christian? stop_pushing_me 45 8252 August 26, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous