Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones
Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones
I was talking to the bus drover this morning about the unseasonable weather we've been having. Now I like this bus driver. I really do. I'm always glad to see him and he me. Usually, I'm able t just let it fly in one ear and out the other when he says something about god or "bless you." ad such. But this morning he aid something that reminded me that Christianity is not a harmless belief system. Just because I'm able to get along with someone doesn't negate the damage they can do.

He was telling me about something odd that happened to the trees and sad "That's a sign from god that he's not happy with us."

What the Fuck!

This is a code word for attacking LGBT and other people who want to live dignified lives. How can they blame them for the weather, yet when called to ecological responsibility they said, “Drill, baby. Drill.”

I’m not advocating intolerance toward Christians. I am saying we need to use every political influence available to safeguard the rights for which others have fought so hard. Our generation basically had these rights given to us so we take it for granted that they are written in stone. They aren’t written in stone. They are written on paper and can be taken away just like that.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones
Yaaaaaaaas! I feel this way, too. I don't are if they're nice. Their beliefs are gross.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
"Intolerance" towards Christians can be accomplished by reminders they need to try harder in their attempts at appeasing their violent and insecure deity.

[snicker]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Christians are cute compared to Muslims. Those guys prophet was a brutal warrior who left muslims with "old testament" style teaching. "They have different faith or they are unbelievers - kill them or enslave them". They dont have new testament which means they can go in to berserk mode when life gets hard.
Quote:I’m not advocating intolerance toward Christians.

Okay.  I'll do it for you.  Bunch of ignorant motherfuckers.
(May 16, 2016 at 1:22 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: He was telling me about something odd that happened to the trees and sad "That's  a sign from god that he's not happy with us."

Not happy with whom exactly? Is this that America is hardcore super special schtick again? The one theists always pull across the pond, since god can't possibly be concerned with famine in Africa or a Tsunami in Asia. Only America's LGBT community and it's treatment warrant his whole attention.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Politely tell him that you find some of his religious comments offensive. If they don't know they won't stop.

I'll pray for him. hehehehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I agree that the whole core of Christian belief is morally rotten through. It's why I couldn't care less if it was true, I don't want anything to do with it.

And this kind of magical interpretation of mundane events is indeed far from harmless.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I understand completely, Rhonda.  And yet . . . most of the people I know are xtian, and most are lovely folks.  

In a week, I'm going to be at a meeting where I will see an old friend from grade school - a Protestant Pentecostal Bible school.  She and her husband are still involved in that church.  We used be be BFF's, and now we are ideologically about as different as two middle-aged woman can get.  I'm worried about - well, wow, what will we talk about?  I'm thinking that I may have to gently suggest that we avoid the topic of religion and politics, but that might not work so well.  

My old BFF is a fundie Republican, and I'm a lesbian atheist Bernie supporter.  Oh my . . .      Sad
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Most people I know are Christians, too. I think their beliefs are gross. When they post a picture of their 18 month old on chemo and no hair and tag it #prayfor-name here- I fucken hate it. I love them, but I feel repulsed at the same time. Thank the god the baby made it through fucken chemo? God has a plan? Go fuck yourself and thank the doctor on your way out for me. Fucken idiots.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1054 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 13507 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7796 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10496 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17185 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6265 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Nice Work Jesus....ya scumbag. Minimalist 50 5407 June 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31217 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 36750 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Why atheists make fun of you christians dyresand 10 5495 September 30, 2015 at 9:52 am
Last Post: vorlon13