Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are they protecting women or degrading them?
Are they protecting women or degrading them?
Quote: "Republican-led House Rules Committee pulled a legislative sleight of hand and stripped a provision from the annual defense policy bill that would have required women between the ages of 18 and 25 to sign up for a military draft."

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=3980364...-for-draft

Good, not good, or not an issue? What?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Are they protecting women or degrading them?
The republicunts don't want anything to interfere with what they see as women's main function:  Being brood mares for the state.
I don't have a problem with gender blind draft registration.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Considering that a draft is about the last thing the military wants and that the shit would have to really hit the fan before they would get behind one, I have no objection to requiring women to register for the draft. Why not? Since the ratio of combat to support troops is something along the lines of 1:7 (reports of these ratios vary), including women in a draft would presumably increase the number of "front line" men available to fight, assuming the government was squeamish about placing very many women in direct combat roles.
Women shouldn't have to register for the draft.

Neither should men.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
We are presently budgeting almost 23 million dollars to maintain this relic of WWII.

https://www.sss.gov/Portals/0/PDFs/Budge...202016.pdf

A relic which the military never wants to see again.  I wonder what we could spend that money on?

(* Republicunt answer:  tax cuts for the rich.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2854 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Women's Rights Lek 314 18472 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1956 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How To Poison Yourself By Protecting Yourself From Something That Isn't Poisonous BrianSoddingBoru4 4 367 December 18, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What should we do about "them"? Angrboda 30 1465 January 30, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3305 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2171 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
  White supremacists protecting Churchill statue get 'that work' in UK Huggy Bear 50 3308 June 16, 2020 at 12:42 pm
  Damned Women BrianSoddingBoru4 26 2215 December 19, 2019 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Saudi Arabia prohibits shorts for men and put a fine on wearing them ! WinterHold 34 4126 June 18, 2019 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: WinterHold