Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You already gave kudos - wrongly so
You already gave kudos - wrongly so
I ran into that problem a few times already. I want to give kudos to a certain post and can't. The board tells me I already gave kudos. That's not the case, since these are mostly new posts.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: You already gave kudos - wrongly so
Can you link me to the posts in question?
It's just what I call a "refresh glitch". The kudos are there but they're not showing yet for you because you're still seeing the thread as it appeared before you gave a kudos. If you refresh your page it should show up.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 22, 2016 at 2:58 pm)Losty Wrote: It's just what I call a "refresh glitch". The kudos are there but they're not showing yet for you because you're still seeing the thread as it appeared before you gave a kudos. If you refresh your page it should show up.

Yes and it'll generally happen if you double click the kudos button unintentionally or with a faulty mouse.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

That happens to me sometimes when I wind up double-clicking on the kudos, because they didn't appear right away. You'd think that would just Remove Kudos, but it doesn't always if you're clicking too fast. The kudos always show up once I reload the page.
I've seen this happen when the kudos button is double-clicked, or when you click it a second time when the operation is slow to complete.

(May 22, 2016 at 3:05 pm)Thena323 Wrote: That happens to me sometimes when I wind up double-clicking on the kudos, because they didn't appear right away. You'd think that would just Remove Kudos, but it doesn't always if you're clicking too fast. The kudos always show up once I reload the page.

It doesn't because clicking it changes the action from give to remove, but it doesn't do it until about the same time that the display is updated. If it changed the button action before the backend operation and display update it would work as you would expect, but that would likely bring another set of unintended behavior.

@Tiberius

The way to fix this might be to add an onClick event to the button that greys it out while the AJAX call is in flight.
This one.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-43165-page-2.html

I wanted to rep Rocket, but it seems it worked anyway, since now my kudos are there although the board told me I can't kudos him.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 22, 2016 at 2:58 pm)Losty Wrote: It's just what I call a "refresh glitch". The kudos are there but they're not showing yet for you because you're still seeing the thread as it appeared before you gave a kudos. If you refresh your page it should show up.

It took me about 15 paragraphs to explain that last time I tried?

You are 100% correct.

P.S. Can you be my translater from longwinded rambley confuzzled overcomplexlicaterderdid turtleyness to simple kitteny concise pithiness please? Hehe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion Reltzik 26 2930 October 3, 2018 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Joods
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1289 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My Kudos brewer 7 1853 July 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Shoutbox Kudos! Edwardo Piet 4 1350 April 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13495 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Can We Have Specific Kudos? Rhondazvous 73 10393 January 22, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6101 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kudos and the Hard Line Jenny A 35 4818 June 7, 2015 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Kudos in the Mafia sub-forum (Poll) Napoléon 3 1665 May 24, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: emjay
  kudos goddamit Marsellus Wallace 16 3238 May 15, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: vorlon13