Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got it! (2016 Honda CBR500RA)
Picked up my new bike yesterday! Couldn't ride it yesterday due to rain and previous plans.

Today was a gorgeous 71F and sunny so I figured this would be a good chance to see what I've got. This would be my very first time on a motorcycle so I was pretty nervous (been riding scooters for awhile though)

Sure enough, first thing that happens is I accidentally put the bike in first without pulling in the clutch LOL. Bike lurched forward, but wasn't anything I couldn't handle. This was the first and last time I caused the bike to stall for today.

Practiced in a parking lot getting a feel for the friction zone. Going through the gears 1, 2, 3. Doing a U-Turn, and doing it again. Retraining my brain also to use the pedal brake and front lever which is different for me as well.

After about 1hr of me messing around, I parked the bike and went home to let my nerves settle. Watched a couple of more safety videos and decided that I needed to get over my nervousness.

Practiced a little more in the parking lot. Shifting is a bit rough for me... Took it on the road and finally started to get the hang of it!

My nerves are much better. Tried it out on one of our local higher speed routes 55mph zone. Wow this bike has so much more pull than my 150cc scooter!

All I got to say is, I'm done for today... But I definitely love the bike. Going to calm down for the rest of the day and give it another go tomorrow :-)

[Image: Dk2EbIb.jpg]

Here's my old bike (2013 Honda PCX150)

[Image: XaiYvSq.jpg]
RE: Got it! (2016 Honda CBR500RA)
Nice bike. Big Grin
Cool! Have fun adding bugs to your diet.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 22, 2016 at 3:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Cool! Have fun adding bugs to your diet.

Haha. Bugs aren't nearly as bad up here in CT than they were in FL. Bugs in Florida... Holy crap
(May 22, 2016 at 3:25 pm)wolf39us Wrote:
(May 22, 2016 at 3:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Cool! Have fun adding bugs to your diet.

Haha.  Bugs aren't nearly as bad up here in CT than they were in FL.  Bugs in Florida... Holy crap

Oh yes, i know lol. 

Cool bike.
Nice. Remember to watch for cars. They won't watch for you.
Dying to live, living to die.
Congrats! I still recommend taking the Advanced MSF course and preferably a weekend race school, even if you never want to go fast. The techniques of racing school can easily save your life, if you get into a bad situation on the street. It's about being able to control your vehicle 100%.

That's a nice bike, and I think you will really enjoy having it. Congrats again!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

That's a sweet looking bike! Enjoy! Smile
Good on yer, wolf! If you're ever in a situation where you have to lay it down, remember to throw your body under the motorcycle. Why? Skin grows back, but bike parts cost money.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 6881 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 485 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 1964 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1386 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1797 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3441 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 703 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3507 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Got Nut Juice? Yonadav 22 1254 February 28, 2019 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4720 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl