Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Pet Peeves Thread
The Pet Peeves Thread
What are your pet peeves? Here are some of mine:

People who tell me "well it can't be that important then" when I have forgot something I feel is important.

People who bump into me on purpose and sarcastically say "sorry!" Because they're with their adolescent gangy arsehole friends, before proceeding to swagger off with their jeans barely above the floor to go piss off the next random lone adult.

People who find me "silly" for insisting on wearing a seatbelt in a car.

Incredibly stupid people who insist anything and everything I say is "bullshit" or "bollocks" when they don't understand it.

People who use the term "pseudo-intellectual".

People who don't know the difference between intelligence and knowledge who insist I am dumb when I don't know my history, science, or whatever.

People who think their own overconfidence in their beliefs means they actually know something.

People who think having realistic doubts about what you believe or don't believe means you're less likely to be correct.

People who insist they are right about a certain fact that can easily be Googled, and who insist I am absolutely wrong when I show that Wikipedia and every single credible scientific source disagrees with them, not because they have an argument or evidence of their own, but just because they "just know" they are right.

People who pretend to not be bigoted sexist, racist, homophobic transphobes in public because they're afraid of ridicule but who expect you to agree to their horrible bigoted bullshit beliefs when you discover that in private they and their friends are total fucking bigots, because "everyone is thinking it, it's just no one is allowed to say it because of the thought police", no, no, everyone is certainly NOT thinking bigoted fucking sick shit and you are allowed to say it, there is no "thought police" you just know that if you ever openly and publicly declared your fucking bigoted as fuck beliefs you would be ridiculed to fuck you piece of shit!

People who tell me to "stop arguing" whenever my opinion differs from theirs.

People who call me "cheeky" whenever I disagree with them as if disagreeing with them is a lack of respect like they are above me and as if they deserve my utmost admiration when in fact they're clearly an arrogant self-important dick.

People who offer advice and then when I don't take it say "Well if you're not going to accept my advice I won't help you again" or people who think because I ask for advice it obligates me to take whatever they give me.

People who pushily offer to do me favors I don't want and say "I insist" in a patronisingly smarmily unctuous tone until I give in, only to try and guilt trip me into doing stuff for them whenever they want, or to give them company whenever they're lonely.

People who treat guilt tripping others into doing what they personally think is worth valuing as a moral obligation above actual love, compassion, respect and friendship.

People like that who won't fuck off and leave me alone.

People who call me "anti-social" whenever I tell them I want to be alone.

People who think socializing means sitting in a room with a bunch of people on your phone, laptop, or with your head in a book or headphones on ignoring each other.

People who loudly talk all the way through a movie and when you join in with them say "shhhh this is the good part".

I could go on. What about you folks?
RE: The Pet Peeves Thread
People.
Dying to live, living to die.
But not kittens Big Grin
My ex.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
MY EX TOO
When people generalize. For example, saying that all black people love fried chicken or all gay men love Judy Garland.
"In three words I can sum up everything about life: it goes on."- Robert Frost
Being patronized.

Having my head patted.

Having my arms squeezed and being told "you must have such strong arm muscles". Folks, I'm obese and probably only walk 1.5 miles a week.

Being proselytized.

Nuts on my turkish delight.

Tryhards.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 25, 2016 at 12:13 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: But not kittens Big Grin

Cats are my favourite people.
Ivy's ex!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 25, 2016 at 12:18 am)The_Empress Wrote: Ivy's ex!

Sounds like we have the beginnings of a conspiracy...

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 493 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 1591 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pet pictures The Valkyrie 29 1986 March 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4043 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 1598 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 10791 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Language Pet Peeve BrianSoddingBoru4 55 6490 February 16, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pet pleasures Thumpalumpacus 246 20388 November 12, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 2807 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The pictures topic: Show us your pet(s) rado84 13 3929 July 23, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: robvalue