Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pastafarian Monastery
Bug 
Pastafarian Monastery
I was thinking what would Pastafarian Monastery look like? Their monks could idle away time by laying in their their pajama whole day long and pretend they believe in some fantasy lies that science has debunked - pretty much like Catholic, Buddhist and other monks do. They could watch TV and play some gaming console for few hours a day and go for a stroll, but no sex! Because to to have sex means that they're actually doing something that even remotely resembles having some responsibly in life. So if it is found out they were smooching they get expelled for 2 years.

Like all religions they could collect money by donations, because since they're living a lazy life they don't need that much resources plus they don't pay tax anyway. They could also earn money by posting how they live on internet and collect add revenues.

What do you think?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Pastafarian Monastery
I bet the food would be pretty good
Checkered tablecloths, candlewax dripping down wine bottles in wicker holders, Michael Corleone sitting outside declaring his intentions about Apollonia....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 2007_1010_NoodlesAndCompany1.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: IMG_0865.jpg]
[Image: 14wxiu.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The American Italian Pasta Company factory temple:

[Image: food-excelsior-3.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

But... 

the book of the holy spaghetti monster says there's plenty of sex in pasta heaven. Yes, there's a book, and yes, it does say that. Wouldn't the monks be practicing sex as holy rituals then?
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
[Image: ginger-spaghetti-meme-generator-you-know...778584.jpg]

(May 27, 2016 at 2:41 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: I was thinking what would Pastafarian Monastery look like? Their monks could idle away time by laying in their their pajama whole day long and pretend they believe in some fantasy lies that science has debunked - pretty much like Catholic, Buddhist and other monks do. They could watch TV and play some gaming console for few hours a day and go for a stroll, but no sex! Because to to have sex means that they're actually doing something that even remotely resembles having some responsibly in life. So if it is found out they were smooching they get expelled for 2 years.

Like all religions they could collect money by donations, because since they're living a lazy life they don't need that much resources plus they don't pay tax anyway. They could also earn money by posting how they live on internet and collect add revenues.

What do you think?

This is my Pastafarian fantasy. Smile

[Image: Pasta-Station-w.-Chefs.jpg]

(May 28, 2016 at 10:18 am)Mamacita Wrote: But... 

the book of the holy spaghetti monster says there's plenty of sex in pasta heaven. Yes, there's a book, and yes, it does say that. Wouldn't the monks be practicing sex as holy rituals then?

I am absolutely for "plenty of sex" in pasta heaven. Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm a Pastafarian Will i go to hell if i eat spaghetti? Phish 24 8074 April 28, 2013 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Tonus